probably a stupid question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no USDM crx has power steering. Not sure about japaneese models...maybe their cyber crx did?? no idea....power steering sux anyways.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Feb 18 2005, 07:47 AM
no USDM crx has power steering. Not sure about japaneese models...maybe their cyber crx did?? no idea....power steering sux anyways.
[post=462534]Quoted post[/post]​

cept when you want to parallel park.....all other times it sucks

I hate when my fluid leaks out then I have to park in the prelude. It seems A LOT harder than the civic.

And I think there was one model of CRX that came with it, and I don't think the Si was one of them.

You want it? take it out of a teg or another civic or something. Defenitly not worth it, but i don't think it would be too difficult.

its doable, but not nearly as responsive as a manual rack

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Feb 18 2005, 01:20 PM
its doable, but not nearly as responsive as a manual rack
[post=462670]Quoted post[/post]​

exactly. Handling would be reduced greatly. Good luck avoiding that poor little squirrel or that giant rock in teh road with makeshift HONDA power steering.

All this time i thought i had P.S! Damn! My car turns like uhhhh my girl changing positions? :doh: (quick)

"The quick ratio rack and pinion gear set is perhaps the most underrated performance part around. The Quaife rack and pinion gears simply replace the existing pieces inside your stock steering rack housing. More rapid steering response is felt with an average of 25 percent reduction in ratio, resulting in fewer turns lock-to-lock. This translates into much quicker steering and turn in at the cost of a slight increase in effort. A must for autocross, drifting, and track work. Designed to fit manual steering racks only. Not for power steering." (quote from King Motorsport)

All that means is that you cant use it on a car that does have power steering.

I am pretty sure that no USDM CRX came with it. Maybe teh canadian models did?

I'm not sure if the canadian ones did or not cuz all the sites where i've found specs for CRX's usually focus on usdm, jdm, or euro.

Back