Probably another repost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the only one worth taking to the tracki is the VR4. but still pretty good story.

That's sooo fucked up! That's why I don't take my car to a shop. I only let friends or family touch my car.

My 81 Celica GTA disappeared for 6 months when I dropped it off with the transmission mechanic, and he bolted with the car. I had a police report in, and was about ready to give up when I got a call from a bridgeport (connecticut) cop that rented out his garage. The car was in his garage for 3 months.

Normally, if a stolen car is on your property you're an accessory. But I guess it pays to be a cop. The transmission was in a box, in hundreds of pieces and the guy was no where to be found.

There were over 1000 more miles logged on it, with no damage.

-> Steve

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 16 2004, 09:47 PM
O shit, I actually posted something that wasn't a :repost:

haha it's only 7 days old.

but that is... just...way beyond fucked up.

Steve-
That shit is insane!!! I can't even begin to believe that people do stuff like that! There's no way I could let that guy get away with that! I would seriously hunt his ass down! I don't even know what I would do.

Question for you: What did your insurance company say when you told them you took your car to a shop & the mechanic disappeared with it? You think they'd hire a PI or something?

Once I went with a friend to pickup his Firebird from the dealership. He needed some warrenty work to do done. The shop said it won't be finished until closing time. We decide to go early and check out some of the cars on the lot for shit & giggles. When checking out cars we heard someone doing burnout in the back. We went to check it out the smoke show.

There's nothing like catching one of the techs doing burnouts in the back with your pride and joy. My buddy was super PISSED.

ChRiS

Try doing burnouts in a 350z with 4 miles on the odometer!!!that's UBER fun. even stock they perform quite well at drifting.

Chloe: They treated it like any other theft. When they went to his shop, his doors were closed, shit was sprawled everywhere. He owed a lot of bills, and his beaten truck couldn't take him far. Nor did my Celica, apparently. He arranged a 3 month payment for a garage space, and took off. By the looks of it, he wanted to use the garage space to make some money to make good on some debts. Maybe the Mafia put a hit on him, who knows.

As far as hiring a PI, no one wants to hear about a 1981 Toyota being stolen. They were more interested in the shop and the disappearance.

-> Steve

Back