problem an dont kno wat it could be plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18a1civic96

i have a 96 civic with a b18 in it with ls tranny tonight i was out driving an when i went to pull out all of a sudden it felt like some one slamed on my bakes an car almost stop rolling was only going like 7mph but after it started rolling it is making a clicking noise it shifts fine in all gears buts making a odd clicking nosies n passanger side any idea.?:confused:

yep... your car has 2 cv shafts.. one on the right side of the trany and one on the left. If you look under neath ya car behind the oil pan u will see them running into ya trany and down to your front wheels. If the black boots are cut or ripped you can best bet the barrings in side shit the bed, or your wheel barrings are fucked. ether way I wouldn't drive it, remove the shafts and check them out along with the wheel barrings, if you don't know how I would go to a local shop as it requires some skill to remove with out fucking the ball joint up

Ive replaced wheelbearigs an stuff just never broke an axle so i order new ones off horsepowerfreaks.com that hold up to 400 hp couse im bout to turbo it an might as well get better ones

i dropped a new axle in an hub on both sides axles are 3.5 grade axles i got from horsepowerfreaks.com an new hubs an still got the nice lil click lol think its time for a new tranny now i can get the gsr tranny dont like the ls all well thanks for ur guys help. now i got a new problem my b18a1 is running with lil power it sounds like a subie an i checked my timing an its all good did my dizzy timing an everything im running a msd cap wires an coil in it u think its that or wat just put new plugs in maybe its time to drop a stock dizzy back in any idea on wat it could be

Check your cam timing. Also check to see how many cylinders are not firing. If you sound like a subaru motor than odds are you have one or two dead cylinders. It could be that one of your new plugs took a dump. do you have a check engine light?

worse case you could have broken a tooth in the trans. and when it felt like you hit the brakes it was stuck in between some gears. the clicking may be where the tooth broke out from.

i do have a cel on but its a obd2a with a obd1 dizzy it looks for a crank but there aint one on there an have a few sensors that have been pulled waiting on my hondata s300 to come so i can fix all that an eliminate them. i checked the dizzy last night an from my coil to dizz no spark so i think my coil just crapped out but not sure

Back