problem can some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flex89ef

i have a pr3 b16 head and i have own the intake side wer the cams sits its scord up a littel can that be fixed :mellow:

are the cam lobes themselves scared? if so you will most likely have to replace the cam but a machine shop will have to inspect the damage. if your rockers are scared you can replace them

before you replace the cams , did you find out why the cams got scared? was it a bad oil pump? too much oil sludge in the motor and you have blocked oil passages? or was it something like someone didnt keep up the oil maintenance? i would fix the problem first (if you havent already) before you put new cams in

if you rod bearing went, you will need to replace them all. most likely with oversized bearings. you will also have to have your crank grinded for the new size bearings. many people will say you can just put new bearings in and sometimes you can. however you should have a machine shop look at the crank and tell you their input. often they are right. you should consider doing the pistons, connecting rods, piston rings, oil pump, and have the block machined as well.

if the machine shop grinds the scarred cam you will lose the lift and durration specs. you cant put something like bondo in the scars to repair it....but you've been buildin engines for 38 percent of your life (8 years) so you probably know that.

Back