Problem Starting D16z6 P28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmtcrxsir

My 93 civic can not start. I checked to see if theres spark and fuel. Yes it has both. I tried jumping the ECU and i got the code 6,10,20. I thought maybe the ECU may have problems. So i tried to reset it by unplugging the battery. And hooking the battery back up. Still no start. I tried to jump the ECU again and this time around the CEL is solid and doesnt flash at all. Not main relay for sure because I have 5 spare ones and i tried it and still no start. The Fuel Pump primes whenever i turn the key to on.

I check to make sure the ECU is getting enough ground because I had an ECU ground problem before. And the mechanic told me that the ECU was having bad grounds. I can think of 3 places where the ECU uses as ground. The main one is on top of the T Stat, second one is where the chassis is hook up to the tranny, last is where ground is on top of the power steering pump. I even went and clean the ground to get a better contact. But still no start. So is it true that if there is no problem detected by the ECU the CEL would stay solid when i jump it?

So what do you think the problem maybe. I even changed the dizzy and injectors with a good one and still no start. Maybe the spark plug wires?

The chassis to transmission. I replaced it with an aftermarket unit and forgot to reattach it to the body.

aftermarket ground cable? Could it be something else for me? Dos the ECU itself have to be grounded to the chassis with the screw?

Back