problem starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludecrasy87

Ok so i had my 96 accord lx for a while now.
So i decided to place a good sound system so replaced my stock speakers with some sony 300W now i wanted some bump on my car.
So i took to a place they install stereos you know bought 2 12" kickers and american prop amp 600W.
Now before installin the amps and everything else my car will start right up, just flip the key to start and it runs great.
Now after took it to the shop i went and they just turned on my stereo and it was great i was fallin in love with my ride more and more after each bump.
Now i started my car to pull it out and it may wierd loud screeching noise not as if the belt was sliding but somethig else some sort spining noise. they were surprised like wat was wrong.
Poped the hood then calld called them Stupid A@@E#@ cuz like the fuse was grounding to the chassis.
Now what i did when i got home i try to start my car again it didnt right a way it took couple of times to turn the key to start the car now i thought the amp was draining my battery so i took it off and just started charging the battery then my car started right up also once i needed a jump to start my car so i went in take my battery tested and replace it but autozone guys told me my battery is perfect actually is little bit over.
What can be the problem is that the guys that installed my stereo messed up my starter or is it my alternator that got messed up?

its the alternator more than likely. they are designed to run the car and whatever factory equiped options are on it. your stereo system is pulling too much juice and is putting too much of a load on the alternator, and could cause problems elsewhere. i would go ahead and have the alternator checked, and dollars to donuts, thats your problem. also check your fuses and fusible links. check the ecu and see if it's throwing any codes.

Back