1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem trans

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by civicSI328, Nov 17, 2007.

1. civicSI328

civicSI328 New Member

hi there im new to this site and also with honda's i seem ta have a prob with my 90 civic si it seems that my trans is stuck in second gear and wont switch ta any other gears when i try ta put my car in first or any other gear the car doesn't wanna move but when i shift back into nutral the car will move like its in second gear does anyone have any ideas as ta what the prob might b other then a bad trans please let me know :confused:

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

it has a broken 1-2 shift fork

3. civicSI328

civicSI328 New Member

ok so u think its a shift fork so were is that located in the trans and how hard is it to replace

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

you need to partially disassemble the transmission - not too hard if you are familiar with the transmission - could be difficult if you have never disassembled and reassembled the Honda transmission

Attached Files:

5. civicSI328

civicSI328 New Member

im not judging your answer but your pretty sure that it that if so thatnks for the answer and i hope that that is the prob so i can get my car back in action

6. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

Sounds like an internal problem with the trans to me...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted