Problem wiring b16 in 89 civic hb dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tokay

:blink: I bought a 89 civic si internal harness and a 91 teg LS harnes to fab what I need to but I don't exactly have all the answers on what I have to change. Tell me if I'm on the right track or if I was mistaken.

Also I need to know if I can use the injector plug that comes through the fire wall off the from the Si harness and run that to the injector portion of the teg LS harness. If so do I run it through the resistor box that comes on the teg or what. If that is necessary at all let me know. Kinda new too this stuff but trying to learn. Any help or links to instructions on these wiring challenges would be helpful. thanks

Parts I have :89 civic hb dx
B16a motor tranny & ecu (pr3)
91 TEG LS shift linkage
91 TEG LS axles
91 Civic hb SI harness
91 TEG LS Harness

parts you need:

civic si resistor box(88-91)
b series shift linkage for 88-91( i h ave some hasport for sale)
b series motor mounts for 88-91
hasport wire adapter(75 bucks) or you can home make a harness to add the 3 wires you need for vtec and stuff)

:D Thanks I checked out the link. It seems to have every thing I needed. I ment to tell you guys the reason I have the LS teg harness is for the injector plugs. They fit the B16a. And I'm going to use the SI wiring and the SI Resistor box to add onto my DX loom to keep the color code continuity.

Question though: Where is the directions to the harness that runs the three or four wires for V-Tec and all that. I could buy it but I want to do the hands on work instead. And thanks for the helpguys.

Originally posted by Tokay@Feb 20 2004, 05:27 PM
Question though: Where is the directions to the harness that runs the three or four wires for V-Tec and all that. I could buy it but I want to do the hands on work instead. And thanks for the helpguys.

2nd O2 Sensor - ECU pin C8 - red/blue
VTEC solenoid - ECU pin A8 - grn/wht
VTEC Pressure Switch - ECU pin B5 - blu/black
Knock Sensor - ECU pin B19

Originally posted by Tokay@Feb 19 2004, 05:28 AM
:blink: I bought a 89 civic si internal harness and a 91 teg LS harnes to fab what I need to but I don't exactly have all the answers on what I have to change. Tell me if I'm on the right track or if I was mistaken.

Also I need to know if I can use the injector plug that comes through the fire wall off the from the Si harness and run that to the injector portion of the teg LS harness. If so do I run it through the resistor box that comes on the teg or what. If that is necessary at all let me know. Kinda new too this stuff but trying to learn. Any help or links to instructions on these wiring challenges would be helpful. thanks

Parts I have :89 civic hb dx
B16a motor tranny & ecu (pr3)
91 TEG LS shift linkage
91 TEG LS axles
91 Civic hb SI harness
91 TEG LS Harness

I'm doing the swap as well on my dx and i have the wiring "problem" as well.. but should i go to hasport and buy the conversion kit... i keep my stock loom and then use the conversion.. its 249.99 or would it be cheaper ... to do it myself... Much harder?? as well ..is this all the wiring needed for the swap... (modification) ??

email me at v8hunter03@hotmail.com ...with any tips you would like to share about the swap for i'm doing it myself and have no idea where to start.... lol.. engienc omes oout tommorrow.. starting at 8 am
can;t wait

Back