Problem with a B sawp into 97hx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What the hell are you talking about????? PPL did this swap 100000x but this is my first and no one has any info on doing it?????

It was a joke because you misspelled swap...get it? You are not asking for swap info, you are asking us to diagnose a driveability condition via the internet with limited information.

alright kid heres my thoughts on your problem your using a jdm b18c type R engine and the intake that came with it
problem your using a usdm ecu
your intake does not have a purge control valve and you ecu is calling for it
!! i might have the name of the sensor wrong so if you look at an obd2 LS intake. on the top, right next to the map sensor there is a unit with a line running to it and a plug thats the sensor!!!

that sensor needs to be plugged in and hooked up to the evap canister and a b18c doesn't have one

i dont know if this will work but i might try to hook up the one from the Y5 you took out plug it in and see what happens it might work it might not
hope this gets you some where
heres a link to ebay i think this is what it is you should have this on your old motor
eBay Motors: 96 97 98 Honda Civic EVAP Purge Control Valve (item 330222744619 end time Apr-01-08 10:57:04 PDT)

Last edited:
hey

OK let me tell you what was done to the car already. Yes I used the purge control valve off my y5 that was the only evap purge on the car. I put in a new can out of a 98 with a purge vale and I tricked the FTP with a resister. The car has no FTP or purge valve at the tank. The only pin left out of all the evap valve's on the ecu that do's not have a wire runing to it is plug-A pin-28evap bypass solenoid vale. I think that is the vale at the tank that I don't have. Could that be why I am putting out a code??? ppl are telling me no but that the last pin that I don't not have any wires to it. I just need to know what all evap parts that the USDM-R has that I need to add. So what do you thing about that????

Well, I know this is stupid and is RARELY actually the problem for any EVAP leak but I feel obligated to mention...the gas cap...? Loose, off, defective? This will cause that code...

all the evap sensors on the hx set up should be the same as a usdm type-r there the same emissions only thing is the sensors are different for b-series to d-series
now i've heard of a fuel presure sensor on the tank causing a code even causing the car not to run
now i dont know if the hx has that but i would think it would it's obd2
i just found this link it's a fix you might have done already but check it out
.:FFS TechNet : OBD2 Code 91 Issue & Fix :.

hey

No the gas cap is all good and yes I already did the FTP trick with a resister. Do you know how many sensore the car has for evap???

Back