Problem with distributor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nq8s

I have a stock 01 LS motor with a obd1 wire harness and a 94-95 LS distributor.
When I turn the ignition to position 3 the starter just keeps cranking, but the motor doesen't start.

I am not getting any spark from the spark plug, ive tried sticking the sparkplug to the end of the wire and watching for spark to the plug, but nothing.

I've changed the cap, rotor, ignitor (icm) with new parts and still no spark. The coil was within resistance range from specs in the book, and thats the the only thing I didn't change out.

Anyone else have this problem or know what else it could be?

Have you checked you timing? Made sure ALL grounds are solid?

Problem was fixed, it was the coil. The fucked up thing was that my coil looked brand new and was within secondary and primary resistance spec's from Acura's servce manuel. <_<

Originally posted by nq8s@May 7 2004, 10:59 PM
Problem was fixed, it was the coil. The fucked up thing was that my coil looked brand new and was within secondary and primary resistance spec's from Acura's servce manuel. <_<

yup, exact same thing with my dist. when it went out. shitty huh?

since that problem is solved....i was having a similar problem and changed all the internal components in the distributer....now still no start....tested for spark and got a dull orange.....any ideas? i'm assuming that since i check compression and its 12:1 that it needs more spark then that....thanks

check your plugs and the plug wires. your spark plugs are probably worn out because your getting voltage so your distributor is fine, so its gotta be the plugs

Back