Problem with H22 in accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hello all.
im waiting on my ecu so im still using the f22 sohc non vtec auto ECU. someone said i could use it still but it would throw a code. well this thing is screwed up. i dont know if its the ecu that finally learned its the wrong motor or messed up wiring. (which i dont think because it was running fine before the ecu got settled in.
but the only sensor im pretty sure unplugged is the intake air temp.

the motor will run at like 400 rpm. then when i give it gas it will go to like 4000 than ACT like it has a rev limiter. im afraid to think but i dont know if one of the cylinders or valvetrain on a cylinder is shot. :cry:

but what do you guys think from this. i almost am sure its the ecu becuase i already switched a6 and 11 but its still the stock ecu off my f22 so i dont think it recognizes anything?

thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
hello all.
im waiting on my ecu so im still using the f22 sohc non vtec auto ECU. someone said i could use it still but it would throw a code. well this thing is screwed up. i dont know if its the ecu that finally learned its the wrong motor or messed up wiring. (which i dont think because it was running fine before the ecu got settled in.
but the only sensor im pretty sure unplugged is the intake air temp.

the motor will run at like 400 rpm. then when i give it gas it will go to like 4000 than ACT like it has a rev limiter. im afraid to think but i dont know if one of the cylinders or valvetrain on a cylinder is shot. :cry:

but what do you guys think from this. i almost am sure its the ecu becuase i already switched a6 and 11 but its still the stock ecu off my f22 so i dont think it recognizes anything?

thanks

If you changed the fuel rail double check that, same thing happen to me and it was because one of the injectors wasn't lined up and snug tight.

no the rail is the one that came on the motor. and everything on the motor is fine because before the ecu learned how the motor ran it ran fine. until the ecu learned did it run like crap.

Take a look at the headers and see if all 4 pipes get hot (assuming you have aftermarket SS headers), if not then you'll have to check the cylinder that isnt function properly. Did you do compression/leakdown tests on the engine? Perhaps check firing order, make sure you didnt miswire something by the dizzy.

yea all 4 of my ss header tubes turned gold. but im almost sure its the ecu becuase just before the ecu programmed everything to function it ran like a normal motor until it realized i had the wrong motor in for the ecu. and i didnt change anything. but i order my socketed p28 so that should give me a smooth idle run and drive.

OK bro, I think I got this one.

You needed to switch pins A6 and A11 to run a prelude ECU in your 94-95 Accord. You swapped the motor but kept your original ECU.

You need to switch the pins back until you swap in a Prelude ECU.

Or, use someone elses ECU from a 90-93 Accord until you get the right one. 94-95 Accords were the only models to switch these pins from the factory.

yea i figured that. i switched them becuase i HAD an ecu but it only ran on 3 cylinders so i had to put the f22 ecu back in but didnt want to switch back becuase im getting my modded p28.

but ive pretty much decided its the ecu. thanks for all the ideas and brainstorms

Back