1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Idle Control! Need Help!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by kungpowchang69, Jul 20, 2007.

1. kungpowchang69

kungpowchang69 " OMFG! ITS JDM! "

Let me get straight to the point... everytime i turn on my motor it idles for about 5 seconds, then shuts right off. For it to keep running, i have to have my foot on the gas pedal 24/7, even while braking. Now im used to it, but i realized that its killin my gas milage. I get 180 miles on a full tank!!!! (96 civic w/ b18b swap)

So heres my question, what should i do to fix the problem?

if you guys/gals can help, that'd be great.

Thanks!
    Andrew

2. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

dad had this problem with the crx when he drove it; ended up being the ignition module in the distributor cap. it pretty much is the brain telling fire and fuel to work together....so check that out mebbe? otherwise nfi but there are braniacs on this site that can sort you out ;)

3. kungpowchang69

kungpowchang69 " OMFG! ITS JDM! "

thanks man

i just got my ignition fixed because my car wouldnt start at all and i asked them if it was causing the idle to die and they said no. they said it has something to do with the idle control. so ne ideas?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted