problem with my b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by hondadriver@Dec 8 2004, 11:08 PM
A month ago I was driving around with my buddies and my car started studdering really bad and it would do it everyttime I hit a bumb.
[post=429021]Quoted post[/post]​

your problem should of been easy to fix, dont run over bumbs. :p

Originally posted by darien234+Dec 10 2004, 12:24 PM-->
StarBellieAngel
@Dec 10 2004, 01:23 PM
check to make sure all the plugs and wires inside the distributor are plugged in and screwed on properly... on one i was using it did that, and it turned out one of the plugs was not in all the way, and the ground wire wasn't screwed in.

check it!
[post=430066]Quoted post[/post]​

You can not use a distrubutor that does not match the ECU's OBD they both have to be the same OBD. The cylinder position sensor are different and make sure the dizzy is in the right position and lined up so timming is not way off or real retarded.
[post=430093]Quoted post[/post]​

what i was referring to was INSIDE the distributor... i have an obd1 ecu running an obd1 distributor, inside (if you take off the cap) there are some tiny plugs and a ground wire. those are what i was talking about.

sorry if i was unclear.

ok im going to check all the wires in the diizy today but i had the cap off about a week ago and everything looked ok but after i fixed the original problem it ran ok but if i floor it and rev to about 6500-7000 it will like cut off and go right again.....im thinking that it is the diizy going bad or the wires.....i just changed the spark plugs like maybe a month ago so i dont think its that

but im going to try and take the dizzy apart and look at the wires again

ok i took the cap off and found a loose wire and i tighted the crimp with plyers and its fixed the problem with the tach jumping but it still is saying that it revs out at 7500 im really not sure what could be causing this problem

Any suggestions?

thanks
-chris-

ok, 'revs out' at 7500? like it won't go past it? i'd say that's your rev limiter... wonder why it's so low though since mine is at 8200. check the ecu and chip it or somethin. lol

Back