Problem with my car sale , need ideas and imput

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's when it comes down to the buyer, he should be able to look it over, test drive it, and if he likes it then he'll buy. If he doesn't know then it's his problem and he should've looked better. Happened to me I've put in more work on my Civic than I had to because of problems I didn't see but I was a ricer a year ago and admit that I should've looked it over a lot better. Now I've got a little de-ricing and other shit I gotta do to it not that bad now that I'm more educated lol.

You can always tell them it's negotiable. Ask high, negotiate down.

Sounds like you're not trying hard enough to sell it . That car should be easy to get rid of for 5 grand.

sold my car last week. the one i put on craigslist. IT WORKS!

young kid who like the sporty look of the eclipse. Yes it had minor issue but he over saw them because i had it all cleaned up and mentioned the wheels ans tune up services tha i had to it. HG change,timing belt,belt tensioner,fuel pump and filter. HE NEVER ASKED TO LOOK AT THE RECIEPTS. yes i did pay to have that done.

$1500 right there on the spot. i would def. recommend Craigslist to anyone. unforunatley you do get scammers. I got 3 already but they use the same corny lines about a cashiers check so they are easy to spot.

good luck man. post up on local forums,newspapers,flyers in small business that will let you and of course a for sale sign on your ride.

heres my problem i have a 00 civic hatch with low miles and tons of mods . ive had adds up forever and havent got any decent offers or decent trades for that matter . i live in vt and either no body has money or they dont like tuners . but i could use some help from anybody to give me ideas how to get the most money out of this car . should i part out , sell whole ??? any other ideas

99 civic hatch
56xxx miles
clean title

Performance:
b16 head out of a 2000 si (stripped the vavle cover , started to sand and polish)
b20z block
0bd jumper
ls tranny
ecu tuned with crome
dc headers
top fuel (whale dick) intake
brand new cat
catback with a resonator
tanabe axle-back
msd ignition
short throw shifter

Exterior:
fresh y-56 paint (pheonix yellow) except under hood and engine bay , not best paint job but not the worst
ctr style headlights
ctr front lip
rear lip
si grill
oem foglights (in but need to be hooked up)

Interior:
new ctr shift boot
new carbon fiber shift knob
custom red suede armrest door inserts and arm rest
si cluster 46xxx
only rust is around front window (very minimal)
Suspension & wheels:
brand new konig 15 x 6.5 heliums
wrapped with band new warrior tires
brand new dropzone struts and springs all around
megan rear control arms
painted calipers and drums

Audio:
polk audio door speakers
kenwood hatch speakers heres more info about the car

theres probley more but thats all i can think of off the top of my head . it isnt a show car but isnt a junk . does need a few minor things but nothing serious ( molding around front window , window falls off track sometimes . the engine bay could use some organization and clean up . other then that there isnt any problems . i was only asking 4500 , now what am i doing wrong ??? any help would be appreciated , try and keep it nice

No offense, but why the LS tranny? Seems like a bad choice for a dual-cam VTEC motor...

As far as the sale goes, I'm not sure why no one is biting. I posted up my old 94 Accord EX sedan (only mods were an intake and projector headlights) on Craigslist and I had people e-mailing me about it within half an hour, and then sold it three days later. So Craigslist does work...I'm not sure why nobody's biting on yours...it's a good deal for $4500...

Maybe post up a link to your actual ad so we can see it?

i got the car wit the tranny , trust me it isnt my first choice and isnt a good one at that . i was thinking about getting a different tranny soon , mprobley just the si , gsr would be great but like i said im to the point where im done sinking money into it . when i got the car i had the paint job , rims/tires and alot more . i only had so much moey to play with . if i had unlimited amount of money then id gfo with something else . im not rich by any means . but i do understand what you mean . ive been on craigslist for a while now but i got sick of posting it becuase of low ballers and people wasteing my time , its hard dealing with dreamers alll day . it was a huge aste of time . im actually thinking about strpping the car and starting over with new paint , clean everything up . try to make it a show and go car ...

hey bro,,what part of vt are you from?!?!?
half the prblem is because your from vt...this state always seems to have way less kids into cars...

Drive around NYC with for-sale signs on the doors, trunk, and hood and you'll probably sell it before you find a place to park it.

Ask high, slowly negotiate down.

Back