1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with spark

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by typesiracing, May 17, 2004.

1. typesiracing

typesiracing Senior Member

i just completed a swap recently....started the motor first chance i got because i built it myself and wanted the relief....well it started and sounded great...then for now appearent reason the thing wouldn't start like 4 tries later....i started it one day and tried later the same day after hooking up the rad and some minor non electrical stuff...nothing....well i gutted the distributor and replaced everything...now i get spark but ....its orange

i tested the compression i'm getting 12:1....with this high compression i know how critical a good spark is....my question is how to make that orange spark a bright blue one so i can be on my way....thanks guys

2. typesiracing

anybody have any ideas? get this...my friend came over and i wanted to crank it to show him the spark and the car started!!!....then when he left i tried to start it again and nothing?!?!?

1. i checked all the grounds for good contact
    2. i checked distributor for voltage...good
    3. checked all fuses anyway....good

still nothing
    thanks

3. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

4. typesiracing

which relay are you thinking of? i am getting 12volts at the distributor when the motor cranks and i know i'm getting fuel. Everything was fine with the d-series in it...maybe i'll put it back.....NOT

5. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

better plug wires perhaps?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted