problem with transmission need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rizq777

i just did a b18b swap into my eg about a couple weeks ago and it has been driving and shifting fine until today i took it onto the parkway. well i was in 5th gear for about 10 miles then all of a sudden it pops out of gear. then i put it back into gear then after like 30 seconds it popps out again. when im doing 50 mph it doesnt pop out but when im at 58 and up it pops out after a couple seconds. what could be wrong any ideas or has anybody experienced this before.

If I am not mistaken, it is your synchronizer that is going out or is already out in your fifth gear. My friends talon did the exact same thing, but he ended up selling it and the guy that bought it got it fixed. Also, if i am not mistaken, you have to buy synchronizers in pairs.

you might not have oil in the tranny. check the level and check for leaks. if you catch it in time your tranny will be ok. if not, highway driving in 5th gear is going to lock your tranny up.

check the simplest things first, then go on up to more critical troubleshooting. most likely the tranny is messed.

sounds like your whole tranny is screwed. it popping out of gear is usually a bent shift fork. grinding can be a lot of things.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Sep 25 2004, 04:14 PM
synchro ....lol i have the worst tranny ever here's how mine is
1st gear:hard to push into first and hard to shift to second
second gear: grinds into second becouse a slider is fuct up (only once in awhile
third gear: synchro screwed to all hell grinds horrible into 3 (when it actually goes in) and pops out ocassionally
4th gear: grinds into fourth in high rpms and pops out of fourth occasionally
5th gear: no problems (yet)
other than that i have a perfect tranny !!!!!!!! :)
[post=394648]Quoted post[/post]​

my buddy with a b16 crx has one even better than that haha

1st: you have to slam it to get it in when it will go in, sometimes you have to roll the car back and forth to get it to pop in

2nd: fukt...i think its dust now

3rd: slam the ever living hell out of it and it MIGHT go in but if you let go its commin out!

4th: grinds like hell then pops in and once you hit 3 grand good luck keeping it in

5th: if your lucky! you might get it in. if you do itll pop out a few times then finaly stay in.

reverse: :::SLAM CLUNK CLUNK CCCCHHHHHH DOOM::: then it pops out so hard it grinds 5th.

and yea...he still drives it to school everyday and he has a bad ass scottsdale sitting in the drive way he could drive but "it gets shitty gas mileage"

my 3rd transmission:
1st=all good
2nd=grinds when shifting at high rpm
3rd=grinds only when tranny is warm, never when I just start driving
4th=same as 3rd
5th same as 3rd and 4th

If I could only get a tranny that works good
my first tranny(ls tranny)-clutch slipped like hell, and grinded every gear except 5th
my second tranny(gsr tranny with type r lsd)= blew up when shifting to second gear(like litterly) I was picking pieces of tranny up all over the highway, and 2 years later there still is a stain comming out of the toll booth where it blew up and dumped tranny fluid all over the road.

so yea, I need a bullet proof tranny, but no one makes them that way, the only thing you can get is stock parts, or a complete drag racing tranny which obviosly wont work, cause even they grind, cause they got the straight cut gears

Back