1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with transmission need help

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by rizq777, Sep 24, 2004.

1. rizq777

rizq777 Member

i just did a b18b swap into my eg about a couple weeks ago and it has been driving and shifting fine until today i took it onto the parkway. well i was in 5th gear for about 10 miles then all of a sudden it pops out of gear. then i put it back into gear then after like 30 seconds it popps out again. when im doing 50 mph it doesnt pop out but when im at 58 and up it pops out after a couple seconds. what could be wrong any ideas or has anybody experienced this before.

2. Harms Way

Harms Way Senior Member

If I am not mistaken, it is your synchronizer that is going out or is already out in your fifth gear. My friends talon did the exact same thing, but he ended up selling it and the guy that bought it got it fixed. Also, if i am not mistaken, you have to buy synchronizers in pairs.

3. lsvteccrx

lsvteccrx Senior Member

you might not have oil in the tranny. check the level and check for leaks. if you catch it in time your tranny will be ok. if not, highway driving in 5th gear is going to lock your tranny up.

4. sihatchback_RL

sihatchback_RL Senior Member

check the simplest things first, then go on up to more critical troubleshooting. most likely the tranny is messed.

5. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

sounds like your whole tranny is screwed. it popping out of gear is usually a bent shift fork. grinding can be a lot of things.

6. Hellbert

Hellbert Senior Member

my buddy with a b16 crx has one even better than that haha

1st: you have to slam it to get it in when it will go in, sometimes you have to roll the car back and forth to get it to pop in

2nd: fukt...i think its dust now

3rd: slam the ever living hell out of it and it MIGHT go in but if you let go its commin out!

4th: grinds like hell then pops in and once you hit 3 grand good luck keeping it in

5th: if your lucky! you might get it in. if you do itll pop out a few times then finaly stay in.

reverse: :::SLAM CLUNK CLUNK CCCCHHHHHH DOOM::: then it pops out so hard it grinds 5th.

and yea...he still drives it to school everyday and he has a bad ass scottsdale sitting in the drive way he could drive but "it gets shitty gas mileage"

7. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

my 3rd transmission:
    1st=all good
    2nd=grinds when shifting at high rpm
    3rd=grinds only when tranny is warm, never when I just start driving
    4th=same as 3rd
    5th same as 3rd and 4th

If I could only get a tranny that works good
    my first tranny(ls tranny)-clutch slipped like hell, and grinded every gear except 5th
    my second tranny(gsr tranny with type r lsd)= blew up when shifting to second gear(like litterly) I was picking pieces of tranny up all over the highway, and 2 years later there still is a stain comming out of the toll booth where it blew up and dumped tranny fluid all over the road.

so yea, I need a bullet proof tranny, but no one makes them that way, the only thing you can get is stock parts, or a complete drag racing tranny which obviosly wont work, cause even they grind, cause they got the straight cut gears

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted