problem!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondadude199

I was driving home from work and my car felt like it missed really bad, or the clutch slipped really bad (just installed a brand new clutch has about 40-45 miles on it) and then drove fine for about 5 min and then died, I pulled into a bank and tried to start it and it took along time to start, when it finally started something started to grind bad and then died again, cranked it again revved it and died , cranked it again and idled fine and drove the rest of the way home without a problem. wtf? can anybody help i have a 92 civic ex, no CEL

update: it seems like it will run for about 10-20 min and then die and if you leave it alone for a min it will start right up and go, it also misses every once in a while
Could this be my main relay?

no engine mods, *quote* edit ** felt like it missed what?? *quote* like a spark plug didnt fire, i put a new distributor on it about 15K miles ago, so I dont think its the dist.

now when my car stalls and wont crank it does not have spark, but if you wait and dont do anything it will crank, the dist. has about 20K and no CEL. Please someone help I need my car for work

I'm not gonna guarantee this has anything to do with your problem, but I used to have an old ford f-150 that had the exact same symptoms as you're describing. I'd be driving along and it would just die. I'd crank on it and it wouldn't turn over at all. But if I let it sit for 5 minutes or so, it'd start up fine. I ended up having to replace the ignition module (or amp...whatever you wanna call it), and the rotor and stator in the ditributor, and the plug wires. It cured the problem 100% and never did it again.

Back