Problems after ODD-0 to OBD-1 conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxgsr

The car hesitates and jerks at light throttle in the middle rpm's (3-5000)
Things I have checked already.
O2 sensor (changed with OEM)
fuel filter (replaced with new)
Dizzy (ohms checked good)
spark plugs (looked good)
spark plug wires (replaced with new)

I have also ran two bottles of fuel injector cleaner, checked the TPS and the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor is gettting a low reference voltage from the ECU (3.6V) it should be 5V but I don't think this is the problem and I don't want to spend the money to find out it is not the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas I am ready to drop it off at a shop and shell out mad cash for them to fix it.

On my friends obd1 d16z6, his EACV went out. Its a sensor at the back of the intake manifold with coolant lines running to it. His car ran horrible, it would jerk violently with a slight throttle touch. Check that sensor to make sure its in spec.

His worked fine before a head and intake manifold swap. We swapped it to the new manifold and it never worked again.

Later

Originally posted by crxgsr@Aug 30 2004, 08:45 PM
On my friends obd1 d16z6, his EACV went out.

What is a EACV?
[post=383989]Quoted post[/post]​

electronic air control valve or IAC idle air control.

Originally posted by Blanco@Sep 3 2004, 02:07 PM
It's IACV on ODB1 cars. Look on the back of your intake manifold, on the passanger's side, the IACV is about 8" (approx.) long with an electrical connection towards the driver's side and two coolant lines running to the bottom, it's held in with two bolts. Pop it off and take a look at the screen, if it's dirty try to clean it out or just buy a new one.
[post=385763]Quoted post[/post]​

its no where near 8" long. more like 2-3 max.

It ended up being the spark plugs. Apparently VTEC does not like the expensive iridum plugs I swapped them with some cheap NGK plugs and it runs alot better. Not perfect but close.

Back