Problems installing harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tcpappas

I have a 1898 CRX HF and im putting a OBD I GSR into it. Ordered my swap harness from Rywire and i start plugging everything in but only have one three wire plug to go onto the throttle body. Both the TPS and the MAP sensor are three wire. I am unsure if the plug is just not on the harness and I have to look for it on the chassis. Secondly I have the two plugs on the transmission, Im assuming one is the electronic VSS but the other im unsure of. Its located on the passenger side of the transmission and faces up. After this post I am leaving to head to my shop so if pictures are needed i can take them.

Thank you for your help in advance,
Tom Pappas

the 3-wire connector at the throttle body on the engine harness is for the TPS - the MAP sensor connector is not on the engine harness - it comes thru the firewall right next to the MAP

the other connector at the transmission should be for the back-up lights - 2 wires, 1 yellow and 1 green with black stripe

Last edited:
i guess where i said it comes thru the firewall right next to the MAP, i should have side right below the MAP - the wiring for the MAP comes thru the firewall with the main wiring harness along with the connectors that the engine harness plugs into and the fuse box connections - in the picture below, the MAP and purge connectors are in the lower right corner - the HF has the 3-wire connector for the MAP and has a 4-wire connector for the purge and EGR that are in the control box on the firewall - the picture is of the Si harness which has a 2-wire connector for the purge since it doesn't have the EGR

mainharness.jpg

Looked around a little

Went to my shop this morning and started to look around and the reason I couldnt find the connector is because its already connected to a map sensor on the firewall? Doesnt seem right but i read the Sensor and it is a denso MAP sensor. There is a vacuum line that goes from that to the charcoal canister. So do i unplug the 3wire connector from that and run it to the MAP on the throttle body of my GSR or do i use the one that is on the firewall and run the vacuum line to the engine?

Secondly, Picked up a GSR gauge cluster to alleviate the electronic VSS in a cable car. Does anyone have a link as to wiring the VSS to the ECU as well as the cluster? I have a website about getting it into the CRX but do not know the pinout of the vss on the transmission

Thank you again,
Tom Pappas

i would use the MAP that is on the throttle body - the MAP sensor itself, on the firewall, should not have a vacuum line running to the charcoal canister - the purge control solenoid valve, which is right next to the MAP on the firewall, should have a vacuum line coming from the nipple on the side of the solenoid which runs to the canister along with a vacuum line from the nipple on the bottom to the intake manifold - the MAP on the HF had one vacuum line which ran from the nipple on the throttle body

Back