Problems starting 92 lude in the morning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

walid_105

I already posted this at honda-tech maybe i get more input here also so....

Alright i got a 92 prelude sr, with f22b JDM engine wiht about 100km on it, cars is amazing runs great , but the problem is , if i leave it off for about 8 hours or more, it gives me hard time to start it, Like it cranks, and after liek 10 tries sometimes more or less then it goes on, It sputters at low rpm then dies, i try to give it gas it almost dies liek its runing on half a cylinder. New sparks, i cleaned out the IACV last night, works letter better after that. I changed the Main Relay, that was not the cause. also i dont have a check engine light, never comes on, usualy goes on then of. COuld it be o2? Im thinking its the dizzy but. Also if the fuel pump was fucked it would not even go on im geussing. All info is great.

Thanks

dunno sounds like my 92 si
tried plugs, wires, fuel filter, main relay,, new distributor, throttle body and i still cant figure it out.!!!!... when u get ur revs past about 2500 or 2800 does it run good and its just the low revs and idle thats givin u problems?
:eek:
fuckin hondas

i did some research and its most likely the ECT ( Engine Coolant Temperature )Sensor. Im gonna try that and let you guys know

oh sorry, yea when it warms up , it runs fine. At low rpm's it works perfectly when the car get warmed up. Only problem in the cold start.

yea man its that sensor. its what tells the ecu if the engine is cold or not , and if its faulty it wont know what to do . So it will give problem when starting thikning its warms out. Engine needs more gas when its cold .

nm mine runs good on the cold starts but once it warms up then i get problems?!?!?!? but still quite nerve rackin

yep sorry my msn don't work either what do ya think maybe you can help us both

if it doesn't happen when it is warm but acts up when its cold i would look into the tps its a sensor on the throttle body that controls the a/f mixture and also where the go pedal is and if that would b the problem you would prob. have a check engine light on at least most of the time

Back