problems w o2 sensor 91 crx si b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldgreen90ef

goldgeen90ef
my 91 crx si with a b16 has a cel for 02 sensor(it has the jdm xsi ecu) come on once in while. i looked under the car at the sensor, and they have 2 wires twisted togather going into the o2(im assuming for the 2 sensors the ecu is looking for? )how do i get around this ? drill the header for another o2 ? thanks

where shoule the o2 bung go

cool were should the 2nd o2 bung go? is it after the cat, in the cat, or right after the cat? thanks

The stock location for both O2 sensors is on the back side of the exhaust pipe one for each two pipes. Put the O2 sensor as close to the output, ahead of the cat on the header collector.

you need to have 1 o2 sensor for each cylinder pair. You can put another o2 sensor at the collector and the car will seem likes it's running normal but it's actually not... here's why... Tech - Closed Loop scroll down to where it says "Pre obd-1 engines"

thanks for the info guys!!! in your opinion, should i look at having the ecu chipped, or add a 2nd 02 sensor? thanks again

also b16Racern2NR, a quick quest., so the former owner putting both the sensors input into one sensor is probely robbing some power? thanks again, and nice link

Last edited:
also b16Racern2NR, a quick quest., so the former owner putting both the sensors input into one sensor is probely robbing some power? thanks again, and nice link
yeah it definately is. It might not be noticeable, but it is. The best thing to do is buy the HaSport header but if you decide to chip your ecu, make sure the chip runs the stock map with just the 2nd o2 not being looked for unless you can get your car on a dyno and get a chip tuned specifically for your motor.

thanks, good info, cause i allready started to look for a jdm header w the 2 bungs ... thanks again

Back