problems with 90 teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

terribbleteg90

i recently rebuilt my 90 teg motor b18a1 because a buddy of mine threw the number 2 rod throught the block so i put a brand new block nippon pistons acs rods and mains new stroked crank and gsr connecting rods its all back together with the old head it has 240000 miles on the head now my car will not rev above 3000 rpms at first it would do 4000 but i could slowly rev it up and it would only go to 6000 now its got nothin but 3000 no matter what i do what could the problem be any ideas i never had the head inspected just slapped it back on thinkin it would be all good i also put a brand new water pump and a brand new dizzy i got 2200 dollars in just the bottom end and cant use it could it be the connecting rods or maybe the head is bad please help any help will save an ass load of money i hope thx alot guys

Last edited:
maybe your ecu is bad i have tha same promblem im trying to figure out myself also i heard it could be tha tps i would start with checking all tha wires again and maybe your dizzy is bad idk thoguh. i have a 89 crx with a jdm b16a and wont rev more than 3000 check you oil maybe u have a blowen head gasket?

GOODLUCK

well i pulled the head off today and the cylinders were full of water the head was warped like a bitch the pistons and all that stuff r still good tho it wasnt sittin with water to long but ya i think that was one of the problems with it lol but im still worried about the revin problem im hopin this new motor im gettin works out and fixes the problem

Should've had the head checked before putting a 200K+ head on a fresh shortblock. Can you mill the head straight again, or is it too far gone?

Back