Problems with a 95 si motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey thank you for your continuous help. It Does run very well on starting fluid. No pops or any other bad sign. The ecu is some spoon schip, I cant tell if its from Ebay or not. it says 9000rpm 4500 vtec and is a pm6 I also have the stock one from the 89' civic but it is a pm5. I also have a performance chip, but im pretty sure its a ebay one to. Also, i cant tell what brand the fpr is... It doesnt have a brand on it. I am getting around 40psi fuel pressure on the gauge on that thing. i really dont want to buy a stock one right now because there 80$ at checker auto and I dont know of any "pull it yourself ' Salvage yards that would have it. As for the fuses could I get them at radioshack?

Whats the best way to adjust timing? Or set it to TDC

Hey thank you for your continuous help. It Does run very well on starting fluid. No pops or any other bad sign. The ecu is some spoon schip, I cant tell if its from Ebay or not. it says 9000rpm 4500 vtec and is a pm6 I also have the stock one from the 89' civic but it is a pm5. I also have a performance chip, but im pretty sure its a ebay one to. Also, i cant tell what brand the fpr is... It doesnt have a brand on it. I am getting around 40psi fuel pressure on the gauge on that thing. i really dont want to buy a stock one right now because there 80$ at checker auto and I dont know of any "pull it yourself ' Salvage yards that would have it. As for the fuses could I get them at radioshack?

Whats the best way to adjust timing? Or set it to TDC

the ecu makes me worry.. but i dont think its your problem at this point. i cant imagine why someone would want a pm6 with a 9k rpm rev limit.. i mean i highly doubt someones going to attempt to run a type r engine on a pm6, or run a d16a6 to 9 grand
emhammer.gif

you can find stock fpr's on ebay for like $10. fuses you can get at radioshack, walmart, advance auto, etc.

to adjust the timing or check to see where its at i start by removing cylinder 1's spark plug (the one nearest the cam gear) and then insert somethin like a wooden dowel down there. slowly turn the crank pulley till you see where the dowel gets to its highest point, but before it starts reversing direction. that's tdc. if your timing is correct then the cam gear arrows should be pointing at the marks on the head. if if its off simply loosen the tensior bolt and slide off the belt. then move the gear to where its supposed to be and slide the belt back on, and retighten the tensioner. i dont however think timing is your issue since it seems to run ok on starter fluid. i would try to fix the fuel issue before anything else.

you should also have light notches on your crank pulley, 1, a space for about an inch then 3 more, the middle of the 3 is cylinder #1TDC.
line it up with the pointer on your timing cover.

line the up mark on the crank pully and the cam pully should have a up stamped on it. make sure they line up together, timing is done by moving your distributer towards the front of the car, 16 degree advanced, is the timing for a z6.

However like asked before, your injectors, rewire them and your problem should be solved,
.:FFS TechNet : OBD1 ECU Pin out Schematics :.

run all new wires to each injector and solder them into the ecu, pinouts in connector A at pinout numbers 1,2,3,5

hey i also figured out the thing in this picture is for a coolant temp gauge. my guess is he was trying to wire one up for some reason and then realized there was no place to put the sending unit. i mean atleast off the top of my head i cant think of anywhere that would go. not to mention there is a wire he or someone else ran to it, as opposed to a stock engine harness connection.

28318918wu0.png

Back