1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with b16 swapped 94 gsr

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by gotboostedeg, Jan 5, 2006.

1. gotboostedeg

gotboostedeg Senior Member

engine starts and runs but i cant rev it past 2500. it will rev nice up till than and it seems like it hits a fuel cut
    any ideas ?

2. gotboostedeg

bump

3. a_yousry83

a_yousry83 Junior Member

i want to know if this engine manual or auto trans and i want to know the redline.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

assuming you stick with the same generation b16 (the sir2) this should have been a plug and play swap. why you put a b16 in a teg is beyond me... but anyway....
    usually when the car hits a rev limiter at 2500-3000, the ecu is in limp mode. a sensor is missing, such as an o2, vss, or other cirtical sensor.
    you should have a CEL. pull the code.

5. gotboostedeg

ok it was a harness short issue fixed it now i need to know in what order the vss wire colors are from drivers side to the pass side i broke the plug

whats wrong with a b16a in a teg 170 hp and shorter gears. ill bet it will pull almost the same times as a gsr - a few tenths plus i payed less than 1k for the swap

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted