Problems with B18c1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hellspawn

Allright, I did a swap on my 93 Del Sol. Everything seams to be doing ok, but the motor does not seam to have as much power as it should. VTEC kicks in right around 5600rpms, idle is good, did a tune up and all. I think it might be fuel related. I changed the filter and used a computer which was spozed to work with a B18C1. When you do this swap, should you replace the stock fuel pump with an aftermarket high flow pump? I'm gonna take it to the dyno this weekend and see what i'm putting on the ground. Should be about 170hp, right? If anyone can think of something i forgot to do with the swap, please let me know! Thanks,
-Steve

I dont know what you should be putting to the ground, but I would expect 130's. 170 is the rated HP at the flywheel, not the wheels.

Quoted post[/post]]
Allright, I did a swap on my 93 Del Sol. Everything seams to be doing ok, but the motor does not seam to have as much power as it should. VTEC kicks in right around 5600rpms, idle is good, did a tune up and all. I think it might be fuel related. I changed the filter and used a computer which was spozed to work with a B18C1. When you do this swap, should you replace the stock fuel pump with an aftermarket high flow pump? I'm gonna take it to the dyno this weekend and see what i'm putting on the ground. Should be about 170hp, right? If anyone can think of something i forgot to do with the swap, please let me know! Thanks,
-Steve
So you have a ecu that is "spozed" to work with that engine. Hmmm...
Might want to try a p72 that IS made for that engine. I was thinking vtec should kick in sooner than 5600.
You don't have to swap the pump as long as your old one is still putting out good pressure.

5600 is when vtec kicks in on a stock single vtec ecu, that might be your problem. My buddy ran one unchipped on a b16 and it flooded going down the road. USE A P72, they are not hard to find and plug right in, WHY USE ANYTHING ELSE :mrgreen: . just my input :p good luck

Back