problems with d15b in 98 ek9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well look at post # 6 where i quoted you,. you didnt straight say i was wrong in those words, but you was implying it, your not a 5 year old you not what you was saying

well look at post # 6 where i quoted you,. you didnt straight say i was wrong in those words, but you was implying it, your not a 5 year old you not what you was saying

well your right, im not 5. but for being a honda god you sure type like a 5 year old.

anyways, lets kill the hate/dislike. enough drama.

yes i was only joking about the d15b in the ek thing.. dont be so literal. life is short, enjoy what we have of it.

but if you are this "honda god" that you call yourself, maybe you can answer some of my GSR swap questions for me...

https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-eg-ek-dc/97-ek-coupe-w-gsr-swap-103471/

well your right, im not 5. but for being a honda god you sure type like a 5 year old.

anyways, lets kill the hate/dislike. enough drama.

yes i was only joking about the d15b in the ek thing.. dont be so literal. life is short, enjoy what we have of it.

but if you are this "honda god" that you call yourself, maybe you can answer some of my GSR swap questions for me...

https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-eg-ek-dc/97-ek-coupe-w-gsr-swap-103471/
joking sure you was google ftw lmao,..but i might look at it for you

uhh yeah..d15b in an ek is a waste of time and an ek....wiring vtec?? get a sub harness adapter and plug it into the ecu. done and done..10 minute job in my ef

I'd say LS is a waste of time when you can get a F22A for just as cheap if not cheaper. Upgrade to two cams: H22A. Why stop at a H22A, drop in a K20 in there. :rolleyes:

Not everybody wants to be the fastest on the street...

Double check your wiring. I had the bouncing idle and stalling out; turned out to be a wiring issue. Also, what your D15B is it? And what ECU are you using?

F22a in a Ek hatch?? you might as well put a gerbil on a running wheel and put that in your engine bay...

You do realize that one of the highest HP N/A engines is a F22A right? right now I believe it's around 480whp N/A...and still 2.2l

F22A>LS. They're about the same power, but the F22A obviously has more torque.

I was being sarcastic about those swaps btw.

ok, but what im making the point of is how easy and cheap it is to swap in a b18. thats all im making the point of. and im sure you cant daily drive that 480whp f22a around in a civic.

plus, your comparing an engine with .4 liters more capacity. 1.8 vrs 2.2 ... thats not even a fair comparison.

Hence, why it's a better engine :p

They have plenty of kits to swap in a F, in fact they have F2D kits which means you can bolt the F or H block to the D-series transmission.

It's true that you probably can't daily drive THAT engine, but you can still daily drive a ~250whp N/A F-series. I believe Bisi was daily driving with a 250whp D15 CRX(all motor also).

Point is, the D-series is still cheaper, and easier(all Civics from 88-00 had a common D-series engine). Using your logic of B18>D15B, you can apply F22>B18.

In this case, D15B>all since that's what the OP wants to do.

ok, but what im making the point of is how easy and cheap it is to swap in a b18. thats all im making the point of. and im sure you cant daily drive that 480whp f22a around in a civic.

plus, your comparing an engine with .4 liters more capacity. 1.8 vrs 2.2 ... thats not even a fair comparison.
yea she started and runs perfect, to tell u the truth its alot faster than any1 thought

Back