problems with engine swap in my del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jordo155

hey i have a 93 honda del sol SI. it had a D16Z6 in it already so when i decided to do this swap i kept the original wiring harness. I bought a JDM B16A2 which came with the computer and everything. I wired in a knock sensor and i had to extend various wires. The engine runs well but it is lacking power... the check engine light comes on and reads code 2 wich is oxygen content i think. I read that in this kind of swap you shouldnt use the P30 computer cause its tryin to read a second o2 sensor or soemthing like that? I read that you can use the P28 that came with my car if you buy a chip...if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated

you may have mixed up the map senor with the TPS there the same conection Just swap them Around and see Hit me up and let me know

i tried that already lol it made it worse...i plugged in the p28 and it didnt wanna quit anymore theres just no power... but then i read that the p28 ecu is made to read a sohc engine and has to programmed to read dohc so i think thats the problem not 100% sure tho...

No that not ture i had my gsr swap with a p28 for a month and ran strong. Timing or dizzy

Last edited:
its not the dizzy for sure...timing possibly but i think its the fuel...because the p28 is still a vtec computer it should work the only difference is that when i plug the p28 in the car runs fat...the b16 injectors are flowing more than the d16z6 injectors were so the engine is oversaturated with fuel...if i was to swap the injectors i should get most of the power till i got a chip correct?

try borrowin a friends gsr harness. i would say thats what your needin. it should work. just use the o2 that goes with the gsr harness and everything should work out.

or why dont you try giving the ECU what it wants .... if there is a noter connection for a second O-2 splice into the first O-2 and run that .... i did it for a 98 civic i had in the past and it worked great... the ecu only uses it to make compairsons that might also fix the problem of you running to rich !

none of my friends are doing this kinda shit lol so im pretty much on my own...thast what i wanna do i wanna run a second o2 but idk which pinout to run it from

first off there is no JDM b16a2.. and as said in someone elses topic, the obd1 p30 doesnt have a second O2.. well, mine doesnt.. only one.. and i throw no codes.. check your wiring yo

Back