problems with my 93 civic with a 94 engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crackernumber1

JUGGALOTUS
well 1st off my engine blew in my 93 honda civic ex, which didnt have a vtec. So I went to the local junk yard n picked up a 94 ex vtec engine(B16). I know that i have the wrong ECU in my car for the engine. A buddy told me that i could hook a vtec controller to the vtec n that should make it kick on but he has no idea if that would work. So, I went to the honda dealership near me n they couldn't tell me y my vtec is not kicking on without paying them $89 n hour to do a diagnostic, but when i didnt want to pay to have it done. They offered me a 94 vtec ecu to me for $900. So now im asking anyone that has any ideas for what i can do to make my vtec to work or any maods please contact me???

well first you dont have a b16 you have a d16, and you need a vtec ecu for the vtec to work,so just jump on ebay and buy a p28 ecu obd1 and make sure the wires are ran foe vtec and it will work fine then

if your runnung a d16z6 sohc vtec out of a 94 with a d15 computer. even if you swap to a vtec computer you will still need to wire the vtec in. ther is no wire in your harness to accomadate for this. Your vtec turns on via solenoid. Your computer sends a 12 volt signal to the vtec solenoid at a pre determined rpm. Uasually around 5500. This solenoid is behind the left corner of valve cover and is easy to locate. If you want greater tuning abaility you can wire in a shift light. That way your vtec will come on when the light does. This means you can have it come on t a lower rpm. But a computer swap will work. Just make sure that there is a wire to signal the solenoid.

(If you want greater tuning abaility you can wire in a shift light. That way your vtec will come on when the light does.)

this will work with an automatic?

ok.. he had a 93 ex and if i'm not mistaken that would be a single cam vtec motor the same one as the 94 ex.. am i right or am i right??

ok.. he had a 93 ex and if i'm not mistaken that would be a single cam vtec motor the same one as the 94 ex.. am i right or am i right??

your right but notice he was wrong on a few things he also said it came with a b16

yea.. he doesnt know what he talkin bout.. lol..

either do u cuz my 93 ex didn't have a vtec in the car when i bought it. An im quoting the man at the honda dealership when i say this honda didnt put vtec in the ex till 94.

well your wrong and so is he vtec came out in the civic in 92 in the states so dont go back and talk to that guy anymore

well anyways i check my ecu n it says 37820-p28-a51 u telling me to get one that read *****-p28-obd1?? or do i have the right one

ok then if the guy i had swap the enignes wired everything up right the vtec should be kicking in, has anyone herd of this place called lowcashracing.com, they want $150.00 for
Standard ECU Reprogramming for 1990-1995 Honda/Acura ecu's. All reprogramming comes with your choice of VTEC and Rev Limits. is this a good deal or do u have a better idea?

my car is an auto but what is the difference if i get the obd1? am i better off getting this Custom Programmed 92-95 style OBD1 VTEC or NON-VTEC ECU. Supplied with your choice of program, vtec switchover, and rev limiter then getting the one i have now reprogramed? and if so what should the vtec switchover be set a n the rev limter set at?

well if you drop vtec to low you will lose power the only real way to no were to set it is have it dynoed

Back