Problems with my TV

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D16Civic

Matt
VIP
Lately when I turn my TV on and it's cold, it's been taking 10-15 minutes for the picture to come in clear. Until that point you can see the horizontal lines of pixels on the screen. It does display the picture, it just doesn't come in clear. Kinda hard to describe accurately I guess, sort of a ghosting effect where the picture is visible twice. After it warms up, it's fine until the next time it's cold again.

It's a Sony Bravia 46" 1080p flat panel LCD. Hooked up to Comcast via an HDMI connection. Not even 2 years old.

Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing. Maybe it's just normal wear, but it doesn't seem right. I hate to have to call the TV doctor, or worse, replace the damn thing already.

Thanks in advance guys.

its also one of the biggest downsides of LCDs...the colder it is the slower the response of the individual cells. the warmer it is the more translucent the cell is. you're basically hosed if the tv is outside of the 70-85 degree temperature point.

well just to update/bump my own thread, finally got around to having it looked at, and the LCD Panel needs to be replaced, at the bargain cost of $1200. The only bulbs/lamps in these things aren't replaceable even if that's what was wrong.

So I'm gonna use it till it is no longer usable, and replace the damn thing. It's up to about a 30 minute delay from power on to clear picture.

well just to update/bump my own thread, finally got around to having it looked at, and the LCD Panel needs to be replaced, at the bargain cost of $1200. The only bulbs/lamps in these things aren't replaceable even if that's what was wrong.

So I'm gonna use it till it is no longer usable, and replace the damn thing. It's up to about a 30 minute delay from power on to clear picture.

just leave it on :thumbsup:

for that price you could just buy a brand new tv in the same size but in plasma.

for that price you could just buy a brand new tv in the same size but in plasma.

yeah exactly. Actually I found a Sharp 47" 120hz LCD on sale for $799. I'm gonna try and see if Sony will do something for me as far as the panel replacement is concerned, but I'm not holding my breath. No way in hell I'm putting 1200 into it.

weird... a sony product broke.

sorry, just a rant. sony blows.

Back