1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Rad Hoses B18 in 94 coupe dx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 94CivicSlow, Dec 29, 2004.

1. 94CivicSlow

94CivicSlow Senior Member

Ok, I have a 94 dx with the small radiator hoses. I want to keep my stock radiator. I bought radiator hoses for a del sol dohc vtec, and they are the same size as my stock radiator hoses and DO NOT fit on my thermostat housing (b18b1). The thermostat housing on the b18b1 and radiator inlet on my dx radiator are two different sizes...

Someone please help me out.

2. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

you can try making the hose a bigger and then hold it down with a clamp or you can replace the hose with one for a b18 like the one you are using. and then use a screw down clamp for it and go from there

3. 94CivicSlow

ok.. I'll try to use the B18 hoses that came with the motor because the smaller ones are never gonna work. Thanks for the reply. I was under the assumption that there was a hose that fit well available.

4. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

the del sol one should fit, theres something wrong.

5. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

On my B20/VTEC, the thermostat housing is bigger than my radiator hose. You just gotta gung-ho that motherfucker on there. It'll fit, and it won't tear. Just be sure and put a clamp on it. I replaced all the crush-clamps with the adjustible hose clamps that you tighten with a screwdriver (I forget what they're called).

6. friz

friz Senior Member

I used the dohc v-tec delsol hoses on my 93 sedan swap. The hoses were too big for the rad also. I just got a worm drive clamp and clamped the shit out of them. I hated doing that but I had no other options. I plan on getting the correct rad and going back to the stock spring clamps later. Hope I havn't fucked up the hoses too bad.

7. 94CivicSlow

Well does the DOHC VTEC del sol have larger radiator inlets than the civic dx?
    Anyone have the part number for the hoses, the dealer probably gave me SOHC del sol hoses by mistake because theyre the size of my 1.5 hoses and not the same as teh ones that came with the 1.8. Or does anyone have a VIN from a DOHC VTEC Del Sol...

Thanks

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the dohc del sol has a dual-core 1/2 size radiator.
    all other civics have single core 1/2 size.

in all honesty, it sounds like you got del sol si SOHC VTEC hoses... the del sol ones fit fine.

i'm personally running LS hoses on my swap, cuz i have a PWR radiator with the larger teg-style hose ends.

9. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

:werd:
    They gave you the wrong hoses.
    ghey Autozone and ghey checkers have the same part number for both sohc and dohc, but the hose wont fit.
    If you got it from the dealer then the guy at the comp assumed it was the same part.

10. friz

friz Senior Member

I got delsol dohc v-tec hoses from majestic honda and still got hoses that were too big for the stock lx rad?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted