Problems with the car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wookie_In_a_B16

For some reason i've been having a studdering type issue with my car if it's cold or I dont drive it for a few days. I'll start up the car fine and put it into first and once I press on the gas it seems like there may be a lack of gas going to the engine or something. It'll studder and the RPM's will go down. One time it stalled because of the RPM's went so low. Once I drive it for a bit it seem to work fine. Also, it seems like it donly does this at lower RPM's. Around the 1k - 4k area. Any idea what this might be? Also, I was told by a friend that a puff of black smaoke came the my exhaust while dropping it into a lower gear and acclerating.

Thanks!

Last edited:
How many miles? Have you ever replaced the O2 sensor? Does the car have a MAF or MAP sensor? Check all your vacuum lines for leaks.

Turbo&Auto,

Engine was just bought from Hmotors.com so HOPEFULLY around 40k. Was put in like 2 months ago if that. Haven't replaced anthing yet. But i do have a check engine light comming on when the car totally warms up, which I believe is the o2 sensor. Would this have that great of affect? Other than that, I haven't checked any lines. And i'm not sure about the MAF or MAP. I'm still learning about cars and all the engine working. What would I look for?

Totalautosports, It's a EJ2 with a B16a SiRII. No major mods, just CAI and exhaust.

Under part throttle condition the ECU reads the O2 to get the best possible mix for MPG's. If the O2 is fuked so is your part throttle :)

If your o2 sensor reading are way off that will cause a problem even when its cold and not looking for the o2 yeat. you may want to look at the ect sensor as well
Its on the side of the head next to a singal wire temp sensor for your gauge it will be a 2 pin round connector. Other wise you may even have a intermitted failure of the igniter or even coil very common usually when hot though. Anyways if you have a code for the o2 start with that.

Back