1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with wiring harness in 92 civic

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by sldcivic92, Jun 5, 2004.

1. sldcivic92

sldcivic92 Junior Member

ok i have a 92 civicdx. i swapped the motor for the d16z6 out of a 94 ex. I have the 94 engine harness and ecu, but the interior harness is still the 1.5's. Is this a problem? I thought I could run the vtec wires to d6 and a4 like everyone told me but those pins are occupied. well with the 1.5 harness. what can I do to solve this problem because my car runs like crap...hesitates, dies occasionally, and when I start the car it'll run rough for a little bit then the CEL comes on and the car idles up...I'm lost,please help

2. sldcivic92

sldcivic92 Junior Member

oh cmon guys, somebody's gotta know somethin about this

3. bklyneg

bklyneg Senior Member

do a search, its out there. your car is already wired for vtec.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

You need to pull the CEL code, and find out what's wrong, you'll probably get a couple different codes. For the vtec, you hould be able to find the wires in hte canon plugs (at the shock tower), and make sure that the Z6 harness has the vtec wires going where they should, if not, repin them. What ECU are you using?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted