Procharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

number9

Procharger's website shows a supercharger for the GS-R and ITR, but no mention of one for the RS, LS, etc.

Anybody have any experience with the Procharger in a b18b?

hrm...

well, its external (ie, isn't on the intake manifold) so, other than a slight piping change for the different' position of where the manifold/trottle body sit, i see no reason why it won't work.

This guy is eager to sell this. I don't think I'm going to bid (just bought a new computer which torched my racing budget).

There isn't a reserve on this thing, but if you read below, he's reserving the right to cancel the bid if he doesn't get his price.

procharger on ebay

I have a procharger c1a. its not a good investment. only increased 40 hp and not to mention it is very expensive. I have had to replace the fin impeller thingy once and the a internal bearing once at the same time. 1000 dollar repair that i could do my self if they sold the parts to me. now i have had it on the car for about 6000 miles and what do you know just today i was driving to the philly airport and i hear this funny noise like a rattle coming from the procharger by the time i changed lanes and pull over the thing is making some serious noises like metal just grinding and breaking. i cut the belt and did my thing..get home take it off...ha my suprise...the thing is toasted oil leaking out everywhere the 600 dollar impeller is broken in three places and the whole unit the impeller is attached to has the wobbles like the whole shaft it is on and the bearing they replaced is no longer in service. so i know i didnt do anything wrong..i bolt it on just like they say in the manual never take the car above 7g i send it to them to get repaired for the same bs before..now what i have to fork over another grand i dont thinks so..i expect ATI to take this one in the butt.. and if they do or dont..ill let the world know..

Thanks..i shipped it out today..I also talked to my machine shop Accurate Machine in Delaware..they have had one of the prochargers open before for a similar problem..after some diggin thru the industrial manufacturers..they were able to find a replacement part..they said the manufactories dont recommend these type of gears to be spinning around so fast it pushes their design to the limit. He explained it to me in further detaill, I understand, but I dont think I could explain it correctly.
If anyone has any questions about the procharger set up just ask me email me whatever..dont get me wrong it was a cool build..I had alot of fun driving it..and i did get a hell of a deal in the kit initially..

This was a procharger on a b16a2 in a 93 del sol si..just incase anyone was wondering..i have read on mustang forums that there are maybe some cases of piston damage...but the results could be from lack of tuning..i had a piston crack between the 2nd ring when i first ran this set up...stock pistons .ha ha ..that was cool...

Back