Prof of ownership of engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

Ok, now that my engine is in my car and i dont need my totaled integra anymore. How do i prove that the engine is my car is not stolen and it is mine? I would just have the pinkslip to the car but im putting the car in the junkyard and i need to sign over the car to them. what do i do to prove to cops if i get pulled over that, that engine is mine?

Hmmm... some times it takes more than an hour for someone that knows to come along and answer a question. But if you keep the registration (or a notarized copy) for your old car, and ever actually get pulled over, and they actually ever run the number on your motor, then you will have the proof of ownership. Just stick it in with you current insurance/registration information, and don't sweat it.

keep an insurance card from the old motor, a copy of the registration from the old car with the matching VIN, and lastly, get a carfax done. Basically, just have proof that the car was in YOUR ownership until transferring to the junkyard. Things with your name on it and the VIN on it

Back