progect LS.......N/A.......lowbudget

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gocivicls

I have everything ready and I am going to start building my low budget N/A LS machine!!!!!!!

$280.00-P30 pistons w/ rings
$320.00-Bullfrog Stage2 cams and springs (will stock retainers work?)
$???????-Shotpenned stock LS rods
$400.00-pnp head w/ 3 angle valve job
$20.00-JDM Civic type R fuel rail and injectors
$260.00-Skunk2 manifold
$60.00-light weight crank pulley

(All ready have) I/H/E, fuel presure regulator, Solid motor mounts, and ACT
HD-SS clutch, chipped ECU.

(Need) A B series Tranny w/LSD, lightened flywheel.

:worthy: If I left off anything or you have any tips to give me feel free to give coments!

if you stick w/stock retianers dont go over the stock redline but since you want all-motor I would put in aftermarket retianers and use the high rpm power you will create w/that setup and instead of shotpeening I would go w/aftermarket rods that come shotpeened or are supierior metal.good luck :D

:wtf:

I almost forgot, any ideas on fuel presure so I do not detinate?

Right now I run 93 octane and 35 psi at an idle and 40 psi full throtle!!!

bullfrog cams suck. Get Crower 403's or 404's. Also get the crower springs and retainors then do a 3 angle valve job to your stock valves.

Also, the LS head flows like shit. Buy a pnp head. There is one on honda-tech for 275 shipped. But 400 to do BOTH with your head? Yea right. A good pnp cost 6-900, then another 150-200 for the valve job. Next about the lighten flywheel. It is fucking impossible to launch with those things. For road racing, yea they are nice but you rev the thing to like 6k, then when you let off the clutch, it goes to 2k. Lighten crank pully for $60. Hope you dont like your engine. Those peices of shit will cause vibrations that will end up causing you to spin bearings. You need one with a harmonic balancer and the cheapest one is made by Spoon.

Originally posted by gocivicls@Jul 23 2003, 08:50 PM
Want the stock retainers w/ this setup rev the 8k with out problems?

on a vtec head stock is ok,I'm not sure what an LS redline is but I would'nt exceed stock redline on stock retianers espically if you have titanium stuff banging on them all day,if you are doing the rest of the valvetrain just get the retianers also...worth it in the long and short run.
your psi should be fine unless you're shooting for major HP
octane level to slow detonation will depend on your compression ratio and a google search should provide some octane reccomendations

EDIT:asmallsol is right[as usual] if you already bought the pully and flywheel sell em'

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 23 2003, 10:30 PM
bullfrog cams suck. Get Crower 403's or 404's. Also get the crower springs and retainors then do a 3 angle valve job to your stock valves.

Also, the LS head flows like shit. Buy a pnp head. There is one on honda-tech for 275 shipped. But 400 to do BOTH with your head? Yea right. A good pnp cost 6-900, then another 150-200 for the valve job. Next about the lighten flywheel. It is fucking impossible to launch with those things. For road racing, yea they are nice but you rev the thing to like 6k, then when you let off the clutch, it goes to 2k. Lighten crank pully for $60. Hope you dont like your engine. Those peices of shit will cause vibrations that will end up causing you to spin bearings. You need one with a harmonic balancer and the cheapest one is made by Spoon.

:withstupid:

Originally posted by gocivicls@Jul 23 2003, 09:59 PM
I almost forgot, any ideas on fuel presure so I do not detinate?

dyno tune it.

find where you are running lean.

If the underdrive pulley is balenced isn't it safe.........I have heard as many good things as bad, so I don,t know!!!! Reducing drag gives horsepower and faster revs..............right???

Calesta.......Tell me more please!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 23 2003, 11:10 PM
ya just pull belts if your that worried
underdrive fuck shit up they allow exses vib that reduce motor life

The only belt left to pull off is my alternator, so that theory want work!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by gocivicls@Jul 25 2003, 11:09 AM
If the underdrive pulley is balenced isn't it safe.........I have heard as many good things as bad, so I don,t know!!!! Reducing drag gives horsepower and faster revs..............right???

Calesta.......Tell me more please!!!!!!!!

It's not the pulley balance that matters so much when you go with something that lightweight- it's the entire rotating assembly. If your crank is going to wobble, then a super lightweight pulley isn't going to dampen it like your stock crank pulley will. It doesn't matter if your new pulley is balanced... not unless you balance the rest of the spinning stuff with it.

I hate to beat a dead horse,..............but alot of people have them and never have problems. Is this because the people I know have dailey drivers and not High Reving Drag Cars?

Want the pulley make the biggest difference with high RPM applications such as 9k or higher??????

the higher thr rev the more stress placed on every part of the engine at these rpms the crank pulley is more important than ever

Originally posted by gocivicls@Jul 25 2003, 04:27 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse,..............but alot of people have them and never have problems. Is this because the people I know have dailey drivers and not High Reving Drag Cars?

Want the pulley make the biggest difference with high RPM applications such as 9k or higher??????

No, I've seen daily drivers with cranks that were all scratched up, along with spun bearings.... and they were running aftermarket crank pulleys.

The two guys (I know that is not a large sample, but it is what I have seen personally) that I have seen run the lightened pulleys, one AEM and the other Unorthodox (or something that sounded close). They both had bottom end troubles. They wore through main bearings much quicker than they should have.

Yup. I saw a Type-R crank last night that wasn't too pretty.

;)

I believe the smart thing to do is to sell it to a dumbass without this site saved on their favorites right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to post on http://tech.hybridgarage.com/ but I get better answers quicker here. Thanks for all the help and good luck to all of you!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Back