Project 200+ WHP N/A LS CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
The project car is a 1991 CRX Si. my goal at the end is to have a 200+ WHP all motor LS and have the car be as clean looking as possible and try to get into a magazine. ill be updating this thread with pictures of my progress on the car.

Heres the car when i first got it (after i added rims)

569929_144_full.jpg

569929_146_full.jpg

569929_128_full.jpg

569929_130_full.jpg

569929_145_full.jpg

Some pictures during cleaning up the engine bay wiring harness. the heater core and fan stuff is removed from under the dash (who needs heat anyways). the fuse box is re routed to under the dash where the heat stuff used to be to make a cleaner engine bay. all the head light wires are routed along the underneath of the unibody so they cant be seen.

569929_137_full.jpg

569929_138_full.jpg

569929_149_full.jpg

Good luck dude...and if you need anything, or some help...just ask or call.... ;)

pictures of the stock front suspension and brakes that just came out tonight for new bushings and while im at it im going to powder coat all the suspension parts and calipers. energy suspension bushung kit is going on along with front and rear brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors with EBC green stuff pads. tokico 5 ways for the shocks.

569929_147_full.jpg

569929_148_full.jpg

569929_150_full.jpg

569929_151_full.jpg

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jan 3 2005, 11:50 PM
Good luck dude...and if you need anything, or some help...just ask or call.... ;)
[post=440807]Quoted post[/post]​

awesome nice to know your willing to give a hand.

if you want to get into a magazine, man ar eyou gonna need to clean that thing up when youre done, i mean EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE!!

good luck dale!!! cant wait to see you autocross that beast in the spring. ill have a suprise of mine own.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle+Jan 4 2005, 01:01 AM-->
if you want to get into a magazine, man ar eyou gonna need to clean that thing up when youre done, i mean EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE!!
[post=440831]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i know. the engine bay is getting painted soon too.

TurboMirage
@Jan 4 2005, 03:35 AM
good luck dale!!! cant wait to see you autocross that beast in the spring. ill have a suprise of mine own.
[post=440849]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought you were dead. i have not seen you on here in awhile.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Jan 4 2005, 08:11 AM
i thought you were dead. i have not seen you on here in awhile.
[post=440881]Quoted post[/post]​

i post ocassionally. im on mirageforums and 4g61t.com more than ever. :D

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 4 2005, 09:50 AM
Nice! What are your plans on the engine? I hope you're going to go to at least an 84mm bore.
[post=440905]Quoted post[/post]​

no 84mm this time. maybe my next build. this is going to be a full build but not too expensive b/c this is the first motor i've built. but plans are 81.5mm 11.5-12.0:1 comp, full race p&p, crower 404's, big tb, blox im, an-r header, all portmatched and all new bearings, the normal stuff. but thats the big stuff.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Jan 4 2005, 02:30 PM
no 84mm this time. maybe my next build. this is going to be a full build but not too expensive b/c this is the first motor i've built. but plans are 81.5mm 11.5-12.0:1 comp, full race p&p, crower 404's, big tb, blox im, an-r header, all portmatched and all new bearings, the normal stuff. but thats the big stuff.
[post=441018]Quoted post[/post]​

That sounds like a good plan. Go with lightweight forged pistons/rods and you'll pick up some extra torque- it'll make getting to 200whp a bit easier.

Originally posted by Crix@Jan 4 2005, 05:14 PM
I know someones an-r that cracked in two places. Let me find pictures for you. Hold on. I am still thinking about getting one also. But only because they back up there work.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/showthre...20&pagenumber=1

Don't cut your leg on that tail pipe.  :lol:  :lol:
[post=441060]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i thought dc sports would have fit better.

EDIT: i guess dale didnt realize my name was logged on, that was his post^^ :D

You'll probably need a bit more aggressive than the 404's, but it's in the ballpark with good tuning.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jan 12 2005, 01:45 AM
You'll probably need a bit more aggressive than the 404's, but it's in the ballpark with good tuning.
[post=444527]Quoted post[/post]​

I think the 404s or the 405s would be a good choice in cam. I think the port job is going to be equally as important as the cam choice though. You are really going to have to hog that thing out. Also you might want to look into a different rocker assembly of sorts, I am not sure what is out there, but the ballstud rockers cannot take the revs that are going to be required to make a lot of power. I bet you can modify VTEC rockers to work though. It would be sweet if someone made roller rockers for this. Best of luck on the build up :thumbsup:

thanks. im still researching alot for this build. i dont want to just throw this together.

well its been awhile but im finaly getting some money so i just bought a b20 with a p8r head from hmotors. and a n20 kit. only thing im going different is using bigger pistons.

Back