Project Greenrio

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
So this is a thing, I've officially procured another car! lol

It's a 2001 Kia Rio 5spd sedan 1.5L DOHC

needs a fuel pump (supposedly) and some tune up work. has snow tires lol. i got it for literally an "L" :)

16780621_10154946537401763_1944017943_n.jpg

Last edited:
a rolled up fattie, brian.

going to gut it cage it book it and run it... but keep it semi-street legal. once i get safety equipment and a few hundred miles, i'll get my licensure and run at COM events.

yep. especially in this nice of condition! this is in much nicer shape than my 1st crx which i bought from ebay for $900, and my 2nd crx which i bought up the street for $250 lol

hell its in better shape than the $400 white mirage which i drove for over a year.

its also in better shape than any dilbeck car lol

Last edited:
Tuesday I spent some time on the greenrio. Pulled a trash bag worth of stuff out of the car. It's nasty and the seats and carpet will need to all go. Engine and brakes are seized. Cleaned out the airbox and checked the plugs they are bad. No signs of anything inside broken although 2 of the plug holes were full of oil. Probably bad VC seals. Otherwise the car is complete and the body is in great shape. Will go back maybe this weekend to free up the engine and maybe get it going. I put a little marvel oil in the cylinders and replaced the battery terminals.
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0871.JPG

I went over there this morning and popped the wheel off and broke the engine free it required very little effort. Spun it a few times with the key but there isn't enough energy to keep it moving. Bought new plugs and I have a friend giving me a good used battery so next time I'm there hopefully it runs.

IMG_0958.JPG

The extra battery we commandeered was crap but it was enough to get the car running. Although it dies after a few seconds.

Thinking of the fuel filter. I didn't replace the plugs yet since I forgot them :) it may be out of gas or have bad gas in it. We put about a gallon in this afternoon. I'm going to put a few more in and try to work it out maybe tomorrow.

Also was able to break 3/4 wheels free with a few key cycles of dropping the clutch lol. The clutch is def close to being smoked.

Back