project hatch coming along

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

squeals

so i've while i'm saving my money for my engine that i should hopefully have by the end of the summer, i've been using little pieces of my income to fix the cosmetic needs for my eg hatch. i'm planning on changing the paint color but i don't really know how to bondo. i was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers since im a "do it yourself" kinda person.

juat take your time make sure where ever you use it its clean and down to the metal build it up but not to much let it dry then sand it into shape

well acually, i'm replacing a fender which is the only part of the car that has a dent in it. other than that they're just door dings. i heard those are real hard to fix but i just take my doors to bare metal then lay down some bondo?

just take the dings to the metal then skim over them

when you buy it most of the time it will come with a plastic applier but if not just ask for one they will show you

if your just doing little dings use putty glaze its not as ruff as bondo it sands out alot smoother not too many pin hole that bondo gives either thats just my 2 cents:D

If door dings didn't happen so frequently, I would attempt this on my whip...but I can't see me going through all that work and time for some other lazy person to not be careful...

Good luck...post pics...let us know how it went...

Back