project: LEMON LAID

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

another small update.

came home and sanded the rear fender lips down quite a bit because the tires were rubbing against them. after plenty of sanding, i got it to so the tires didnt hit. heres 2 pics of it aired down to show you it sits:

100_7518.jpg

100_7520.jpg

i THINK i may go get a set of thinner spacers to see if that may help. if they dont work then oh well. thats about it. just waiting on the KP 4-link to arrive now!!

my bag mount doesnt hit anything anymore. i got spacers. speaking of spacers, i bought some thinner ones and everything is good to go now!

the 4-link showed up today...w00t w00t!! im going to start on it this week sometime and HOPEFULLY have it done this weekend. along with putting that on, im going to relocate all my air management stuff under the bed as well.

i also picked up a pair of Caddy tail lights this weekend at the junkyard and those are going to be put in my tailgate when i get to that point.

something like that will be done. im gonna do mine outta wood tho.

me and a buddy of mine started the 4-link. what a pain it is to take the shitty old factory crap off. i will post pics up soon...

should do the interior like this...

my buddy brandons yota.. havent talked to him in ages, but this is his newest creation
22445_1356313512891_1383069664_30965580_1759420_n.jpg

couple other pics, just because
22445_1356313392888_1383069664_30965577_213353_n.jpg

22445_1356313552892_1383069664_30965581_6981795_n.jpg

molded an Eclipse hood bump thing so his engine wouldnt stick out the hood from the body drop
22445_1356313472890_1383069664_30965579_2758811_n.jpg

Last edited:
clean ass Toyota. i dig the paint scheme but im going to do a solid color on mine. its gonna be flat yellow with some type of pinstriping on the tail gate and the hood. my interior is gonna be hot roddy looking. ive got a dash out of a 1964 Ford Galaxie and im thinking about doing a bench seat.

tucking wheel i love it! thats pretty much standard if you are on bags, but its still cool. never had one, probably never will, but ive always love lowrider trucks.

itll tuck more wheel once i get this 4-link on. it will look something like this when the 4-link is done:

409334441_l.jpg

and yes hes on 20s as well...

well its been a bit since ive updated but things are going slow but thats ok. anyways, the 4-link is on. well 95% done but its essentially done. i just gotta tighten up everything pretty good. heres a pic:
100_7569.jpg

sorry for the bad pic but ahh well. friday i PLAN on getting some POR-15 and start on that nasty mess...lol.

currently im trying to figure out where i wanna put my air management. heres a before pic of everything in my bed:
100_7542.jpg

yeah it was a nasty mess. i wanna try to put everything under the bed to try to clean up the bed and i wanna be able to haul my crap in the bed instead of cramming everything in the cab. heres a pic of the bed and what i got for room (note: stock gas tank IS staying in the bed somewhere):
100_7570.jpg

and heres what little room i have under the bed to put things:
100_7573.jpg

i know i can put my compressor (Viar 480) in between the frame rails but i have NO clue what to do with the air tank. if you got any ideas (pics would be awesome too) of how i can mount my tank, please post it!!

thats about it for now, thanks for looking!!

**update**

sorry for being so long in doing updates but i thought that i would share my small bit of progress.

after trying to figure out what im going to do for the rear bag mounts, i decided to keep where they are at for right now. i MAY just get this instead: KP Components :: Rear Suspension :: Cantilever Kits :: 1983-2005 Ford Ranger Bolt-On Cantilever

a bit pricey but im told its well worth it. i may also contact a local shop to see if they can build something similar. i got a lead one place local ima try.

anyways, so the 4-link is finally all bolted in finally. heres a pic:
100_7612.jpg

its a really good kit. i definately suggest it if anyone like me doesnt know how to weld.

after i was confident in that everything was tightened and looked ok, i decided to start tearing into the front end to start cutting and moving and removing things. heres a pic:
100_7611.jpg

i still gotta take the passenger fender off, but 1 damn bolt hiding behind the air box is holding me up but by then i was just too tired to mess with the truck anymore. thats about it.

oh, i got a buddy coming over with his welder and we are gonna mount the air tank in the back between the frame rails this coming week. this will give me room in the bed of my truck to actually haul my crap to car shows instead of craming everything into the cab....lol. oh, and he may also be giving me his old fuel cell as well.

I see my car in the second pic in the first post. :D

It was fun helping him figure out if the fenders were going to hit the first few days.

update time boys and girls!! sorry its been a while since ive updated but the weather has been shitty (my garage leaks...blah!) and ive been kinda lazy...lol. anyways, here we go!

i got the dash pulled loose so i can work on getting the HVAC box removed. its been a pain in the ass to remove and frankly im glad its getting removed. this has pretty much been the reason why ive been lazy because i just dreaded removing this damn thing. anyways, i FINALLY got the damn thing removed on the engine side so now i have a big hole in my engine bay:
100_7848.jpg

i just gotta yank whats left of the box inside the cab of the truck which isnt gonna be tough to do.

then i cut the inner fender out on the passenger side so the wheels (20" Boss 308) wont rub on it. after that was done i decided to put a wheel on to see how it looks along with the fender. heres the result:
100_7849.jpg

thats with a jack up underneath the ibeam holding it up but im sure that it will sit a bit lower once the truck is on the ground but i dunno. we will see. so far im content as to the way its looking.

more to come soon :)

I wish I had the shit to do this. Like I'm really considering saving up and doing it this summer, but I'd have to use all my friends crap, and I don't know how reliable they are, and I don't want to leave it sit in their garages.

small update.

i got all the cutting done on the drivers side in the front done. after all that was done, i decided to throw on all the wheels. before i did that tho, my buddy Phil came over and made a hose attachment for me so i can lift the truck up and down using the shop compressor. we got that made and tested it and the truck was able to lift up and down with the air bags which helps alot now! i also put new fittings on the bags in the front and rear. anyways, so i bolted up a fender and put the bed on to see what it will look like. over all it looks ok except the front sits higher than the rear but i guess that will be like that until i put my radius arm x-member relocators on. alsothe driver side wheel doesnt camber in like the passenger side does but i will do some more investigating on that later on. anywho, here are a few pics to see what it looks like:

side view:
100_7868.jpg

rear-ish view:
100_7871.jpg

front wheel:
100_7870.jpg

i still got stuff to do under the hood but that part wont take too long i think. more to come soon!!

Last edited:
Back