PROJECT : Not Our Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

Hokay, so our buddy ray has a lot of money, now he isnt just some rich fuck, he works at his parents restauraunt, so you might think that doesnt count, but he works 40+ hours every week so he earns his money.

well, about a month ago ray decided he wanted nitrous. but he wasnt about to put it on his IS, so what to put it on. I KNOW, a honda, as his summer project hes gonna swap a motor into an EF, and Spray. we still arent sure if this is gonna be a one summer project with a $3000 budget or a 3 year project with a $10k budget, but we know its happening. Well one of rays buddies ( who has an evo8 and the sickest SW20 ive evar seen) had a few honda motors in his garage, so ray asked how much he could get um for, and his buddy was like, well how bout a grand. so chris and i come in on Fri to go get the motors from this dude (we had checked them for broken sensors earlier) and let me just say this.... WOW. an uber clean B18 Longblock, and one of the Cleanest B16s ive ever seen. and he said he had an extra clutch to go with the b16, and we took a look at it. and we are soo lucky. its a OS Guiken 3-puck, with the full race disk. the B16 also has an 8lb flywheel in it, and an unorthodox pulley, and the B18 had an adjustable FPR. so we lug them over to rays house where they sit now, wating to be taken apart, and sent to the machine shop for a good cleanup. so by the end of the summer we hope to have an LS/Vtec EF sprayin between 75-100, as a track only fun machine. and the best part is, chris and i arent payin for it, and get to do alot of the work (since ray doesnt know near as much about hondas as we do). we will keep you posted. :D

:cliffs:
rich friend wants nitrous
decides on honda
buys 2 nice motors
shat load of nice extra parts
only paid a grand
we get to build it for fun

and here are a few pics of the merchandise. :p :D

damn rays garage sucks. :p
s40a8051adbbcd.jpg

ready and wating
s40a808d73a994.jpg

B18 block stamp
s40a8090494ee1.jpg

B18 longblock with adj. FPR
s40a80925704f8.jpg

B16 Block stamp
s40a8096009c86.jpg

Uber clean B16
s40a809ad5cc74.jpg

UR racing pulley.
s40a809cbaaeb1.jpg

The rediculous OS Guiken 3-puck race clutch (man im glad this is gonna be a track car)
s40a809fe07558.jpg

and last but not least. ray had a helmet in his garage, and i had a beer in my hand, i couldnt resist. :lmao: :bo:

s40a80b4f8b2ab.jpg

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@May 16 2004, 08:02 PM
im dressing up for halloween next year as loco honkey as well

hahahahahaha

yeah, i had to.

next weekend, we start takin the motors apart. i cant wait.

Hahhahaah nice picture! Great deal on the parts. :thumbsup:

Your buddy Ray ought to spray the IS anyway- it can handle it without breaking a sweat!

Originally posted by Calesta@May 16 2004, 11:58 PM
Your buddy Ray ought to spray the IS anyway- it can handle it without breaking a sweat!

nah, hes savin up for this

stage2-8.jpg

the SRT stage 2.5
400+ RWHP

matt -- i dunno, ray hates it when people ask how much stuff cost, so we know it cost "enough" in rays words. but i dont think they are abouve 10gs

90 accord -- thats ray, he just washed his precious baby, and all those pics were taken in about 5 min, so he didnt have his shirt on yet.

Originally posted by mattcalica@May 16 2004, 10:11 PM
hey, how much was that lift?

grassroots motorsports just did an article on putting a lift in your own garage, looks like they are just a few grand.

Turbo + 2JZ = :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's my current plan... until something better comes out in a RWD sport sedan.

Ji- definitely... bad end tank design- at least from the outside shape.

B16- I've done some lift shopping, and you can get semi-decent 4 point frame lifts (not 4 post- hate those) for about $3-4k. It's really not that much.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@May 17 2004, 02:18 PM
cal you should do a Toyota Chaser. that would be badass

Nah, that's a little too big for my tastes.

we kicked ass this weekend on the motors. got more done than i thought we would.

Fri: got the harness, header and tranny off the B16 and in only 2hours

Sat: got the IM off, dizzy off, cams out, and the head off the B16, and put the OS Giken clutch on the 8lb flywheel that came in the B16. and found a full face organic clutch alreadly bolted to the tranny, with a suprising amount of wear left on it. looks near new. and we started to work on the B18, and we got the IM off and the cams out. and then in style which only we can do, Ray managed strip one of the head bolts... so that puts a kink in out motion, cause now it has to go to a shop where they are gonna have to get it out for us. so that was ghey and put a halt to the work on sat.

Sun: finished the dissasemble of the B16, got the pistons, rods, and crank out. the block is in awesome shape, no visible scarring to the cylinder walls, however the pistons look like 14yo ones should and need to be really cleaned up.

and i would not leave you without pics.

Fri.
tranny and the header off.
s40bbbd8bd6d99.jpg

Sat.
Bare B16 head
s40bbc077aae8f.jpg

B16 intake ports
s40bbc0cdcf8da.jpg

MMMMMM......14 year old carbon build up
s40bbc12f04e89.jpg

B16 cams
s40bbc21bdbbbf.jpg

gettin the cams out of the B18
s40bbc1e7b71c1.jpg

the stupid fuckin stripped bolt.
s40bbc243900c7.jpg

Sun.
Fastest skateboard around
s40bbc280c5c28.jpg

B16 crank
s40bbc2ac55796.jpg

B16 bare block
s40bbc2d29c415.jpg

thats about it for now, till we get around to getting the B18 down to a damn shop to get that bolt out.

to be continued...

Back