Project: NotUrAverage_Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NotUrAverage_Si

Yeah I could have come up with a title a little more original but I'm too lazy to think.

Day 1.

Today I started off by disassembling the entire turbo kit which consisted of the cheap SSautochrome manifold (which held up pretty damn good the past 7 months), turbo, downpipe, wastegate, oil return line, Spearco intercooler, intercooler piping and blow off valve to make way for what is pretty much an entire full-race kit: pro street manifold, 3" downpipe, PWR 20x8x3 intercooler, TiAl 50mm blow off valve, intercooler piping (haven't gotten around to ordering it just yet) and some other stuff minus the turbo since I'm using a t3/t04E and not a t3/t67 like Brian.

Well like most projects I ran into a little problemo. As I was unbolting the bolts from the downpipe holding the turbine housing and downpipe flange together, one of the bolts seemed to be kinda hard to get loose and I thought to myself "Hmm, I don't remember tightening this bolt that hard (I used clutch bolts btw, I just liked how they looked) at that exact moment the bolt decided to snap and leave the rest of itself inside the turbine housing with about 2cm peering out mocking me as I stared at it cause I knew there was no hope of getting it out, even if I did manage to somehow get it out, I'm sure the threads are stripped inside the turbine housing...sooo instead of spending the money I was saving on injectors or a boost controller, I get to spend $200 on a new turbine housing, [sarcasm] WHOOPIE!!! [/sarcasm] <_<

My my build should be completed by the middle of August which is 4 months ahead of the original schedule. I'll keep you guys posted and I'll have pictures of the finished product up when it's done.

So with that said I would just like to say one more thing...

B, don't feel too bad, you're not the only one running into problems, and don't give up hope when you're so close just keep crackin at it and you'll get the problem solved.

Good luck, man! That should be a nice setup and shouldn't be too laggy compared to that monster of a compressor B is running.

people who talk about lag are just pissed off that they are slow.
STFU :)

dont waste the money on a turbine housing... Heli Coil it. Thats what I did on my turbo... worked MINT!

:werd:

and if you dont want to do it, a machine shop will take it out for cheap too.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 13 2004, 06:20 AM

No its just....

(paraphrased) "If it has lag, you aren't driving it right." -Carol Shelby ;)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jul 13 2004, 08:48 AM
dont waste the money on a turbine housing... Heli Coil it. Thats what I did on my turbo... worked MINT!

Thanks, I took it to a local turbo repair shop earlier today and they're fixing it for a little over $20. I gotta go pick it up in a couple hours. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 13 2004, 06:20 AM

Yeah, well... I don't think project POS's problem is turbo lag, it's more like Brian lag. :) You know, like Ji is small and works fast and gets shit done. But Brian is oversized and lazy. See, Brian lag. :D

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Jul 14 2004, 08:11 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jul 13 2004, 06:20 AM

Yeah, well... I don't think project POS's problem is turbo lag, it's more like Brian lag. :) You know, like Ji is small and works fast and gets shit done. But Brian is oversized and lazy. See, Brian lag. :D

:owned: haha

Just a little update (not that anyone cares since there are other bigger projects going on)

Full-Race turbo kit is on minus the downpipe. Haven't had much time in between work/going to San Diego for a couple days/sleep/going to a wedding (bad excuses I know).

Plus I recently discovered I'm missing a bunch of tools which leads me to believe one thing.......I've misplaced them somewhere. Also like B's intercooler piping, mine also needs to be cut a little but no biggie.

Ordered some rc 550 saturated injectors/greddy profec B II EBC/ and a golden eagle vaccum manifold, all of which should be here shortly.

After I get all that stuff put on I'll have my buddy Matt come over and help me out with the Hondata installation and then it's off to Church Automotive Tuning in Torrance. :)

Pictures of the finished product will be up as soon as it's done. Time to go home from work.

-Mike

One more quick update as of half an hour ago:

Finally got off my lazy butt and took off the old downpipe....went to bolt up the new Full-Race downpipe to the turbo only to find it's too long and hits the Cat and won't line up properly with the bolt pattern on the exhaust housing...So now I gotta wait until I can get a sawzall to put the new DP on. That's all for now :)

On a side note any So. Cal members that have a stock Si exhaust that wanna trade for a 60mm Apex'i N1 email or PM me.

On the EBP Si I own it has the greddy EVO exhaust and I want the stock exhaust to put on there so I can take the EVO and put it on my FBP Si which right now has the N1 on it. I want to run 3" exhaust the the n/a 60mm N1 just won't do.

:)

One is actually my brothers but ever since he started wearing tight pants and growing his hair long he says it's not his style anymore so now I drive it.

Back