project: pissedoffhatch begins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
well, really pissedoffhatch2. pissedoffhatch is wildbill :p

anyway... so, the sol is almost done, and i'll hopefully be rolling her out of the garage this weekend. she already fires up and runs. its just finishing touches now. i gotta hit the dealer in the morning to pick up a couple misc bolts and crap that i broke or lost along the way. and then tomorrow afternoon, she should be down on all 4 wheels and driving.... if i don't get lazy :) its supposed to rain all weekend, so that helps motivation. not too much else better to do.
then i gotta score E's stock cat-back he still has (i threw mine out) and the b16 sir2 powered del sol will be out and for sale :)

These are all for the hatch... the one i bought from corie with a jdm gsr swap in it. other than the fact that its gutted, its pretty much stock otherwise. it has an rsr exmag exahust on it, but thats going in the garabe. stupid loud. and i got told not to come back to autoX with it... its just too loud. i hate it anyway. if anyone else wants it, locally, let me know. i really don't want to ship it out. its all one piece. i'll let it go pretty cheap... like 200 bucks b/o. I also swapped the Tein HA coilovers that were on the del sol onto the hatch, so now the hatch has a some-what decent suspension on it. I will be running NO ties, strut tower bars, or sways of any kind, other than the OEM DX front sway- which is pretty much useless anyway, and i don't feel like taking it off. its all about camber, caster, and toe y0 :) i'm going to give this set up a shot. I did a lot of research on my street mod setup, and this is what i came up with.

You can't go anywhere if you can't stop, right?

last week i showed you the volk ce28's... reason i moved to 16" wheel was.... needed bigger brakes :)

doing a 5-lug conversion was out of the question... i already had too many 4x100 wheels. lol plus, its stupid heavy, and damn costly... and then there's getting wheels all over again. so, i opted to go with a fastbrakes Wilwood setup. 11" BLANK rotors- none of this slotted or drilled ricer bullshit :) on 4-piston calipers, goodridge steel lines, and the wilwood pads. supposedly, they are comparable to a hawk HP+. i'll give 'em a try. i REALLY don't think im going to use 1/2 of this setups stopping potential or heat dissipation in a 1 min autoX course.

DSC01247.JPG

DSC01248.JPG

DSC01249.JPG

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

For off road use only y0 :D

DSC01252.JPG

And well, the Rear DX drums weren't going to be a remotely close match to this setup, and they've been a cause of my crappy brake setup for a long time. drums are out, rear discs are in. my options were a gsr rear conversion, or something else... i figured, fuck it, and went with a full 11" rear rotor with OEM-style Nissin calipers and axis pads. the axis pads i hear are fairly decent, and well, they are rears anyway. any more stronger pad in the back, and i'd probably have control issues on hard braking.

The rotors, again blanks, are drilled for either 4x100 or 5x114.3. a nice option IF sometime down the road a 5-lug conversion is in my future... i dont think so though...

came with all the brackets, rear disc fluid lines, and e-brake cables. there's also an adapter bracket of some sort... i dunno, i haven't read the directions yet :p

DSC01253.JPG

DSC01253.JPG

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01255.JPG

DSC01256.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

And well, you can't (well, shouldn't) run a rear disc setup off a stock disc proportioning valve... so, i picked up a 4040 from a DA integra, non abs. ABS ones won't work. if you want one from a DC2, you need one from an RS non-abs. those are impossible to find though, so i scored the DA one. it fits fine, but only is able to use 1 mounting hole. thats fine by me... i'll duct tape it or zip tie if i need to :p

DSC01258.JPG

DSC01260.JPG

Well, that will take care of my suspension and brakes i hope.
Not pictured, i have a GSR master/booster in the garage... but i think im going to be selling that and scoring a full 1" from an ITR instead. i'll need it i think.
i also need to pick up some of that Nazi fluid that E gets. lol its sooo freakin thick but still dot3 :) i have no idea what the name of it is, but it comes in like an amo box looking container :p

ok, now on to the Power side of things :)

As you all know, or should know, i bought Wil's GSR head. he had it done up with portflow valve train, and it also has some skunk2 stage 2 cams. i'm considering another option for cams at the moment, but right now, i'm going to assume i'm going to use these. don't have a pic handy of that... will later.

but, to go with the head, comes some bottom end work.

can't rebuild with out some new stuff :)

new ACL bearings set.

DSC01261.JPG

honda oem 81mm piston rings.

DSC01263.JPG

OEM JDM ITR pistons and rods. This should put me to about 11.3:1 compression. nothing crazy, but a little bit of a boost over the jdm sir-g's 10.6:1

DSC01265.JPG

DSC01266.JPG

DSC01267.JPG

Well, can't have a nice flowing head cams and compression with out some breathing right???

skunk2 IM for GSR head...

DSC01273.JPG

DSC01275.JPG

can't have only half the package, right? need a good solid exhaust right?
what better way to start it off then to get a hand-built manifold.

AN-r Fabrication.

DSC01268.JPG

DSC01269.JPG

DSC01270.JPG

DSC01271.JPG

and the collector piece needs to be cut to spec, and then welded on. also, the flange for the cat will need to be welded on.
that's whats in the cardboard :D just straight metal with an o2 bung cut out in it.

DSC01272.JPG

finally, you can't try to make power with all this air without fuel, right?

RC 310's.

DSC01262.JPG

I will most likely be running Chrome Pro on a socketed P28 ECU for management.

That should be plenty for me for now. i expect to make about 185-190 WHP or so with this setup.

I still need to score a 2.5" high-flow cat, a real 2.5" cat-back exhaust, a head gasket, head studs,

Comments, questions, please respond :)

cool shit
i wanna see that header before it goes in ..... it looks seksie

Don't forget the Hondata intake manifold gasket that I inadvertently left on the head! That's like 63whp, y0!!!

:thumbsup:

werd, nice setup, i love hondas that stay true to their roots, NA and a stupid redline :)

damn dumping money into another car Brian. hopefully you dont give up on this one like you did with the sol. that header is bad ass though. they must be awesome headers since dale had to wait 7 weeks for it.

Originally posted by civicious+Apr 22 2005, 08:12 PM-->
Don't forget the Hondata intake manifold gasket that I inadvertently left on the head! That's like 63whp, y0!!!

[post=490304]Quoted post[/post]​

fuck, really? i ordered one. lmao. i only looked at the exahust side. lol. oh well, ebay = the best return policy :D or someone here may need it.

Originally posted by sireg@Apr 22 2005, 08:12 PM
sweet setup..i cant wait to see that thing rip through the cones
[post=490305]Quoted post[/post]​

me too. it should be fun :)

wildbillhatchbac
@Apr 22 2005, 08:14 PM
werd, nice setup, i love hondas that stay true to their roots, NA and a stupid redline :)
[post=490306]Quoted post[/post]​

werd. i got a turbo car with the sti, so my boost need is fulfilled :) now, its all motor fill.

after all this shit is on and running, i have 3 more things i want to do-
LSD
race seats/harness
full 10 point cage

thats it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Apr 22 2005, 07:16 PM-->
Originally posted by civicious@Apr 22 2005, 08:12 PM

fuck, really? i ordered one. lmao. i only looked at the exahust side. lol. oh well, ebay = the best return policy :D or someone here may need it.

I'm pretty sure it was still on there when I shipped it...

pissedoffsol
@Apr 22 2005, 07:16 PM
now, its all motor fill.

YESSS!! All motor ownz j00!!!!!!!

if you have such a nice brake set up why would you hinder it by using DOT 3, you should be able to get DOT 5 for a couple of bucks more. Generic DOT 5 is alot better than high quality DOT 3.

M

Originally posted by CoreyR@Apr 22 2005, 08:16 PM
damn dumping money into another car Brian. hopefully you dont give up on this one like you did with the sol. that header is bad ass though. they must be awesome headers since dale had to wait 7 weeks for it.
[post=490308]Quoted post[/post]​

i had a lot of this stuff already... and the car currently runs :D and really, its ntohing TOO too major IMO. way less major than a full turbo

fuck, just got called in to work... :(

more later

Originally posted by dem134@Apr 22 2005, 08:20 PM
if you have such a nice brake set up why would you hinder it by using DOT 3, you should be able to get DOT 5 for a couple of bucks more. Generic DOT 5 is alot better than high quality DOT 3.

M
[post=490312]Quoted post[/post]​

it says specifically to NOT use dot5. lol thats why.

have fun putting that IM on. its a bitch. ive done it. it'll mostlikely be easier for you then it was for me, i had to take the old one off, then put the new one on, you just have to put it on the head off the car, lol.

but a problem you may run into is the spacing of the fuel rail on the intake manifold. you wont be using those really thick spacers that are on the stock gsr manifold. and you cant use nothing because it will be too tight on the injectors. i ended up using some washers that were like 1-2mm in thickness and they fit perfectly. oh and also (dont ask why) for the studs that hold the fuel rail to the manifold you cant just swp over the studs from your gsr manifold. the outer most 2 dont have enough thread but for some reason the middle one does, i just bought 2 more of the middle studs from honda and i was set.

oh nd if you have an extra hondata gasket ill take it if you are giving it away :)

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 22 2005, 07:32 PM
have fun putting that IM on. its a bitch. ive done it. it'll mostlikely be easier for you then it was for me, i had to take the old one off, then put the new one on, you just have to put it on the head off the car, lol.

but a problem you may run into is the spacing of the fuel rail on the intake manifold. you wont be using those really thick spacers that are on the stock gsr manifold. and you cant use nothing because it will be too tight on the injectors. i ended up using some washers that were like 1-2mm in thickness and they fit perfectly. oh and also (dont ask why) for the studs that hold the fuel rail to the manifold you cant just swp over the studs from your gsr manifold. the outer most 2 dont have enough thread but for some reason the middle one does, i just bought 2 more of the middle studs from honda and i was set.
[post=490318]Quoted post[/post]​

I've always just got 3 10mm bolts to hold on the fuel rail. Looks a lot cleaner than the studs, and is easier to deal with IMO. That, and everyone should have several 10mm bolts laying around...I know I've got at LEAST 10 in various places. As far as the spacers, I didn't use any spacers at all...just tightened the fuck out of it. Didn't have any problems...I dunno if it was because I had DSM injectors, and maybe there a li'l bit different size, or what....

:shrug2:

yea you can use bolts too, and its not a bad choice, but you have to make sure you get the right length. i just prefer the studs. and it could be because of the injectors, or it could be ok to tighten them down. all i know is i seated the injectors firmly on the injector seals with no washers and i still had about a 1-2mm gap. and to just squash the gap isnt something i would do. maybe its just me :shrug2:

Back