project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wish I didn't have to attend a class tonight or I'd be there

maybe on Fri. if you're still working on it I'll stop by

maybe on friday IF we're still working on it? lol - theres like a week and a half left of work- easy...

and steve, i am NOT al gore, there fore, don't call me dad :D

Day 3

day 3 was much more sucessful than day 2.

the moroso oil pan i have blows. the baffle doesn't clear the gsr's girdle. the pump doesn't clear the oem girdle....

i gave up, and just put the stock pan back on.

but, i took some underside pics of the motor... looks real clean inside... no signs of piston melts or anything...
but there was some copper shavings in the oem oil pan... i'm gonna have to keep an eye out on those.... get a mag. drain plug too.

gsr/quaiffe tranny is on.

but, the motor is on on all 3 hasport mounts as of 11pm tonight.

sisteve, jeef, bill, craig and my buddy mike all came over tonight and helped out some. had a good time.

here's the pics... i'll give some descriptions once i get to work.. i gotta shower up and get to work....

i tried to take some underside pics of the rods, but they really didn't get them very well. the rod bolts say ARP on them, so the Eagles do have the upgraded bolt kit. thank god... so, now the weakest link in my setup has been confirmed to be better... i'm feeling better about it.

DSC00266.JPG

DSC00267.JPG

DSC00268.JPG

here's a shot of the OEM pan/pickup/pump stuff....

DSC00269.JPG

the moroso stuff...
DSC00270.JPG

DSC00271.JPG

DSC00272.JPG

then, we fooled around a little bit. sisteve showed up in a hard hat. lol

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00274.JPG

here, we tried to drill the oem gsr girdle to fit the moroso pump, as the moroso baffle didn't clear the gsr crank girdle... well, that didn't work... so we just put the oem pan back on. i gotta see what's up with all that....

DSC00276.JPG

DSC00277.JPG

DSC00278.JPG

mad tite jdm pose.... naw, more to come :)

DSC00279.JPG

dropping the gsr in place....

DSC00280.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
the hasport mounts are TITE, so we had to do a lot of maneuvering to get them all to slide in to place.... and the damn water seeker thingge on the firewall kept getting in the way. took about 20 min to drop into place on the rear mount, and another 15 for the two side mounts.

DSC00281.JPG

DSC00282.JPG

here she is, bolted in place on all 3 mounts. im not using the 2 "support" mounts, as the rubber is ripped... and frankly, the HAsport mounts own. its not going anywhere....

DSC00283.JPG

DSC00284.JPG

DSC00285.JPG

fuck a b-series :)

DSC00286.JPG

and now, wildbill, then me, pulling off the mad JDM poses y0! Crane this karate kid :)

DSC00287.JPG

DSC00288.JPG

then, we fooled around a little more, and cleaned up a bit... then i had to get ready for work.

DSC00289.JPG

DSC00291.JPG

DSC00292.JPG

DSC00293.JPG

DSC00294.JPG

DSC00295.JPG

DSC00296.JPG

overall, day 3 was highly successful :)

easy part is done. lol now, its time to hook everything back up... wire up all the crap, hook up the slave cyl, axels, etc... and then attempt the turbo stuff....

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Oct 9 2003, 10:34 PM
up close sisteve shot by wildbill :lol:

dsc00293-jpg.29834

the red eyes and that grin make him look possessed...LOL

I need to actually lift a wrnech next time I help out. It was a good time. I can't wait to get a ride in it.

having fun make shit go better... you can't be too serious and just work through... thats how you get frustrated... just have fun with it, stop to bullshit or fool around for a little bit in between some steps and all that...

:)

post has been edited to give some captions now that im at work.

-B

tomorrow, since both bill and my girl's are working, we will most likely be putting the wiring on, slave cyl, axels, linkages, stuff like that. that should take most of the night id say...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 10 2003, 12:09 AM
pissedoff is not a state of mind... its a state of consciousness :D

the Zen of Pissedoffsol....

it didn't come out. it was one big yellow blur :/

lol

but as i was dis mounting the JDM crane pose, i nailed my elbow on the hoist... in the midst of my pain, my wonderful friends snapped a pic. lol

:( im missing all the fun :(

damn this having a job shit sucks ass

Back