project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn. Our beloved leader does NOT know the names of the parts he is working on... :lol: B, you's needs some lessons. :roll:

That plate you drilled/cut a hole in is a windage tray. It catches the oil slinging off the crank to keep it from atomizing and causing "windage" which can rob an engine of power because the flat edges of the crank have to swing through denser oil filled air... The girdle is the BIGASS aluminum brace that holds the main journal caps stable...

That thing hanging down that wouldn't clear isn't the oil pump... Tat's the Oil pickup tube that attaches to the inlet of the oil pump. The oil pump is actually only removable when the crank pulley and timing belt come off, and it on the outside of the block...

The Eagle rods ALL come with ARP bolts. The upgrades to date still aren't available from Eagle. You have to get them, and take them to be machined on your own...

Also, This is SERIOUS. I'd be a good bit more concerned about the brass in the oilpan than you are... You said the motor had 3000 miles on it. I thought you bought it new from Import Builders or whatever?!?! If this thing is used, and there's brass in the pan, I'd start holding your breath. Someone might be getting rid of an upcoming problem by handing it off to you. Spun bearings = teh very uncool.

Beyond that, everything looks like it's coming together nicely. Sweet chit, yo.

bah, i suck at part names. im a computer nerd, not a mechanic. :)

as for the Eagle shit, i wasn't aware of that. ohh well. if it blows up, it blows up. fuck it. im done with hondas anyway.... jody, i'll sell it to you cheap when it does. lol

as for the oil pan, it wasn't BRass... it was copper colored... flakes... i dunno. i've read on h-t that GE's sleeved tend to have some glue shit or something that sometimes flakes off... im not sure.

i bought the motor used from a dude in cali off h-t. he got in troble with the cops with it, and his mom made him get rid of it. several people vouched for it... and so far, it has everything he said it did...

he made 330 whp on 10 psi on a drag kit, hondata, and 660's. it was properly tuned he said too. so, who knows...
if she blows, she blows. i'll part it out, and hook up the 240 instead :D

Copper colored flakes are generally pieces of bearings... be careful man. I'll be looking for those in my pan tomorrow.

:(

hrm....................

i shoulda taken a pic of it.

honestly, who knows. the motor was sitting for a long time... shit could've gotten in to it.
hell, it could be wood chips from the pallet. i don't know. we'll see what happens when it starts up...

Did you clean it out? Maybe once it's all put together and you have a chance to drive it for a while, you could dump all the oil (after like 50 miles) and take a look at what spills out.

so this is my question

when are you gonna start the car?

cause i want some video of you revving it/driving it/doing something with it... besides POSING on it! lol

cmon your sooo close!!!

B)

well, i don't have a video camera, so don't hold your breath.
driving it/stating it/etc is at LEAST a week away. there's TONS more stuff to do....

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 10 2003, 04:02 AM
Did you clean it out? Maybe once it's all put together and you have a chance to drive it for a while, you could dump all the oil (after like 50 miles) and take a look at what spills out.

yeah, we ragged the pan clean, and re-hondabonded the new gasket on the pan. so, hopefully it was just break-in stuff... normal wear.

i'll be changing the oil pretty frequently in it, and since its not my daily driver anymore, im not too worried about it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 10 2003, 03:18 AM-->
@Oct 10 2003, 04:02 AM

yeah, we ragged the pan clean, and re-hondabonded the new gasket on the pan. so, hopefully it was just break-in stuff... normal wear.

i'll be changing the oil pretty frequently in it, and since its not my daily driver anymore, im not too worried about it.

Hopefully. I've never seen copper colored flakes after a break-in though... but then again, I've never sifted the oil on the way out of the engine after break-in either, so I wouldn't have seen anything.

nick- it has a clutchmasters stage 4 on it.

mike- it didn't really drain out though. when i drained it before taking off the pan, it was just plain old oil....

upon dropping the pan, there was some noticable particles in the nooks and crannies of the pan... none were larger than a couple mm in size, and extremely thin.

dont rush! thats what fuxored alot of my small car projects... now that ive got some great repair help from clay, ive attempted alot of projects on my own. :spin:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 10 2003, 04:17 AM
well, i don't have a video camera, so don't hold your breath.
driving it/stating it/etc is at LEAST a week away. there's TONS more stuff to do....

I've got a video cam, and all the neccessities for transfering the vid to PC ,editing, and making .rm's or .avi's

Originally posted by 87 hatchy@Oct 10 2003, 10:11 AM
HEY YOU CAN DRIFT WITH A FWD CAR ITS A VERY DIFFICULT PROCESS BUT POSSIBLE WWW.DRIFTCENTRAL.COM FOUND THIS SITE WHEN I WAS TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO DRIFT IN 300Z. :D

guess what? no one gives a shit.

Dennis- you know how i feel about real media...

<-----------------------

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 10 2003, 10:16 AM-->
87 hatchy
@Oct 10 2003, 10:11 AM
HEY YOU CAN DRIFT WITH A FWD CAR ITS A VERY DIFFICULT PROCESS BUT POSSIBLE WWW.DRIFTCENTRAL.COM FOUND THIS SITE WHEN I WAS TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO DRIFT IN 300Z. :D

guess what? no one gives a shit.

Dennis- you know how i feel about real media...

<-----------------------

yeah I deleted realone not to long ago, I never use it and I figure why use up the space, I was just saying I've got a video editing studio on my PC that we can piece together clips of your go faster machine. for people to see.

Back