Project TurboMirage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Day something... the other thread was gone so i started a new one. i didnt do this all in one day also, it was more like project of the month.

finally got around to finishing the evolution hyperground kit. it doesnt add horsepower, but the motor is smoother in general. thank you free 4ga wire and free terminal connectors :) now if that oil leak was only far far away....

oilleak.JPG

enginePS.JPG

put on the front strut bar. it probably looks wierd but because of how high the intake manifold sits it doesnt fit the other way. it looks out of the way, though... until i need to add brake fluid. <_< i had to relocate one of the sensors about 3 inches, but that wasnt a problem.

rust.JPG

rearside.JPG

finally supercoated the roof with like 5 coats of black, and 5 coats of clear. next week i will wetsand it to get rid of that horrible sparkle effect. i also painted the pillars and trim. helloooooo overspray. i removed the shitty plastic trim strip from each side. someday i will get around to taking the tape off.

i havent really done anything with the interior... ive replaced the shift boot and knob (its a very heavy knob) with walmart shit. i dont care for the color but i like the style of the knob. you can see my boost (hooked up, but no boost yet) and tachometer. my a/f gauge is behind the steering wheel next to the boost gauge. ive had that replacement seatbelt sitting on my shelf forever. maybe i will put it in tomorrow :)

intfront.JPG

shitty sony subs ive had for a year (brand new last weekend thank you best buy) with 2 1/2 years still left on the warranty that im trading for a sweet 12' mtx sub that totally outfuckingpounds them. i need to get that box out anyways, so i can put on my rear strut bar. what you dont see in the trunk is total rubberized soundproofing, and the trunk skeleton and spoiler is filled with expanding foam so i dont have any rattle at all.

intrear.JPG

and i leave you with this one.... :ph34r:

lancer.JPG

Day 4287423780...

Front Main Seal and Crankshaft seals today... valve adjustment and valve cover gasket.

also got this painted puppy installed.

Bar%20Installed.JPG

lancer.JPG

RICER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k :p :p

I think that looks pimp!! Nice job.
reardriver.JPG

YESTERDAY:

i totally scrubbed the shit outta my wheel wells, you can see maroon in them now. bye bye oil soaked suspension!!! i also knocked the my DS inner fender up so i wont be cutting the shit out of my tires at autocross.

put my front mudflaps on. ill be doing the rears today when i get some body clips. i need them badly - the wheels almost stick out from underneath the body.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 17 2004, 07:39 AM
YESTERDAY:

i totally scrubbed the shit outta my wheel wells, you can see maroon in them now. bye bye oil soaked suspension!!! i also knocked the my DS inner fender up so i wont be cutting the shit out of my tires at autocross.

put my front mudflaps on. ill be doing the rears today when i get some body clips. i need them badly - the wheels almost stick out from underneath the body.

You're ready for your ASE certifications !

-> Steve

Geniune MOMO Lancer EVO 3 GSR Steering Wheel with mirage hub adapter.

Wheel.JPG

Finally got all the mudflaps on.

Driver%20Mudflaps.JPG

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 10 2004, 11:04 AM
just got this on today. not tinny/ricey at all. works WELL with all my stuff on the intake,

exhaust.JPG

might not sound ricey but the hell if it doesn't look it. ;) just messin with ya, I like how it's all up under the body and all.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 14 2004, 04:02 AM
its hardly ricey. its low and deep.

Good. My exhaust is the same way - had it made at a muffler shop (watched em do it so it was done right). I have a greddy evo lookalike arospeed muffler on it, and it sounds great.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jul 14 2004, 11:16 AM
Is it me or is that wood from palletts?

its you.

i use those to secure my sub box while i work on my fiberglass box when i have time.

started this morning...

got the intake manifold off, starter and underside trim. got the X-member unbolted and shit. tranny is ready to come down, but i cant get the axle snaprings to budge....

Back