Project TurboMirage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the battery is charging cuz its going into my winter beater. the head is coming off cuz it probably has bent valves.

wont need the motor anyways, 4g63t is going in. fuck slow.

okay... i'll mark it on my calendar... When should i mark it for? 2nd week of Neveruary? :fuckyou:

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Oct 12 2004, 08:15 PM
but?

What about the manifold, turbo, transmission, wiring, axles, & ECU? :) hehehehe :*
[post=401845]Quoted post[/post]​

comes with manifold, turbo(16g), and transmission. for an extra 200 i can get the harness and ecu.

ill be using my transmission anyway.

time, engine hoist, and extra help. :)

im not really in the spirit to swap the motor. ima get this one running first to use in the winter car, and for an experiment.

ummm just one thing. you have for you next mods Ls interior....and on hold is turbo...shouldnt those be switched around??? but now you say you are going to put the gst/x motor in??

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Oct 15 2004, 11:37 AM
ummm just one thing. you have for you next mods Ls interior....and on hold is turbo...shouldnt those be switched around??? but now you say you are going to put the gst/x motor in??
[post=402973]Quoted post[/post]​

Dont worry about that....his name has been TurboMirage for the last year and a half :lol:

He's got everything else done...now it's just time to do the engine swap and get it over with......

Chris...fight steve for the lift.....and arrange a BBQ or something.....

Better hurry before it gets too cold....

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Oct 15 2004, 12:37 PM
[post=402973]Quoted post[/post]​

i can go grab the rest of the interior whenever i want... turbo is on hold beacuse now that i have 1/2 the parts why bother putting them on now if i cant drive the car? im getting this motor fixed sat/sunday so i can use it for other things...

with the money i get from selling my custom manifold and downpipe with my 14b turbo, thats ~1/4 the cost of the tsi motor. since im going to keep the car forever, why not have it run stock boost with a motor made for boost. id hardly need to mod the 4g63t, maybe port the turbo and add a bigger i/c and turn up the boost 2/3 psi.

my biggest deal with this car wasnt to rush it. the suspension setup is sweet, the car rotates mint. ive lined up a deal for slightly bigger wider wheels too.

block.JPG

head.JPG

its just the shadows. ive only found 5 that are bent so far. we will see what the dealer says tomorrow.

got a replacement head for 100 shipped. cheaper to buy a complete head than 12 valves. ill be using them later :)

much thanks to matt, we got the surfaces prepared, headgasket on, tbelt on, header and the head torqued down. when its nice out again, ill put the IM back on and hook everything up.

then the fun begins. :)

here is how she sits... snow.
Snowrage.JPG

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Dec 13 2004, 01:19 AM
much thanks to matt, we got the surfaces prepared, headgasket on, tbelt on, header and the head torqued down. when its nice out again, ill put the IM back on and hook everything up.

then the fun begins. :)
[post=431133]Quoted post[/post]​

And I'm sure that Matt thanks you for letting him play with his new aluminum racing jack from Harbor Freight. :)

Do you still have snow this morning? Our dusting was all melted by daybreak. :(

Back