Projector headlights Part ii

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SHOGUNOVDDRK

ok so i did some research and got a idea and just wanted to conferm my hopes....

will a 1g honda integra's flip ligfts or even 89 honda accord sedan flip lights be able to be converted over....

i know the accord is wider much wider then the civic so id have to do a whole front conversion but would the integra lights be easier to swap/covert over?

and thanks for the help in advanced

I have a first gen integra parts car. I could get you some dimensions if that's what you're looking for, but the conversion would require some custom body work, Headlight housings, bracketry, servo motors, headlight control module, and more wiring than you would think necessary, which=$$$$$

Not worth the hassle IMO. It would NOT be a bolt on affair.

Do-able
aaj.jpg

but, do you want projectors or pop-ups or both?

I'm getting confused...

If you just want projectors and are only swapping to the flip ups for the 4x6 bulbs (so you can swap them out for the projector style bulbsl), why not just get an 84-85 header panel w/the brackets?

this:
aaa.jpg

plus these:
4x6_projectolight_dual.jpg

-it'd be MUCH easier

im really torn between both to be honest.....

i ♥ both but the header panel seems to be impossible to find.... but would be far more easier to do.... ive joined up redpepper to get some help on finding the header panel....and then $ will just be the issue

i called up this guy and he had the header panel in stock up untill a week ago when they got broken into and had most of there stuff stolen (3 r32's, 1 s13,2 1g crx's+lots of parts) which pisses me off due to the fact they were really local :(

what do you think looks best? pop up or flips?

i was just sitting there today after studying and thought about something (i feel stupid now and shoulda asked earlier)

will there be much rewiring if i do the teg conversion or any the header swap and will it be difficult?

Yes, there will be rewiring. There are servo motors that operate the headlights, the control module for the servos and all the relays that go with it. I tore apart a wiring harness on an 89 integra, and the amount of wiring just for the front exterior lights was ridiculous.

the conversion would require some custom body work, Headlight housings, bracketry, servo motors, headlight control module, and more wiring than you would think necessary

i thought it would just require me to get the front panels,bumper,lights,brackets,hood and rewiring ofcourse?

anywayz im gonna go ask on redpepper and see what kind of response i get from them for the pop ups.....

a friend of mine in japan is having a look out for me aswell ;) and if he see's and crx ones consider it yours hosmer

Last edited:
Back