projector hid compatibility

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah sorry for the delay. i assumed the thread had burnt out. the last is a comparrison before the projectors. i might pull em back out if i cant get those nasty ass gaps tightened up

Attachments

• SDC10556.JPG
    SDC10556.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 284
  • SDC10557.JPG
    SDC10557.JPG
    3.3 KB · Views: 309
  • SDC10554.JPG
    SDC10554.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 331
i see glare.... wheres teh cut off picture?? that'll tell us everything

first one is a retrofit, done the right way.. second is a kit

Ah. HUGE difference. Was the second one a kit inside an incandescent projector housing or a stock headlight?

I'm at work right now. I'll get some pictures up by Sunday. If their not up tomorrow then it will be Sunday because Saturday is my 24th and I intend to do absolutely nothing productive besides working on my beer gut.

Both of my stock headlight buckets need to be replaced. The adjusters are broken on one and the lens is cracked on the other. I see Projectors are cheaper than the stock headlights. SO I pick a projector set and convert to HID? OK I'm stupid, but I haven't done this before.

Can anyone make a suggestion of what to buy,, or at least the products to stay away from?

Thanks
Alex

Both of my stock headlight buckets need to be replaced. The adjusters are broken on one and the lens is cracked on the other. I see Projectors are cheaper than the stock headlights. SO I pick a projector set and convert to HID? OK I'm stupid, but I haven't done this before.

Can anyone make a suggestion of what to buy,, or at least the products to stay away from?

Thanks
Alex

They're cheaper because they're not as well-made. Stay away from cheap headlights. At the very least, get DEPO brand OE style headlights. Best case is to get some new OEM headlights.

Back