proof that robots are taking over the world part 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

http://www.r50rd.co.uk/research/internal/v2i/engin/

there is a little supplemental phamplet in the april issue of rolling stone that sparked my interest.

its about robot sightings in the oxford area. this report starts investigating and it seems one of the engineers from the new mini is obsessed with robotics(who happens to live in oxford)

anyway there is alot of cool info in the book and this is the link for the engineers robot that the reporter stumbled across.

a few things to think about:

- mini coopers are very overbuilt in a technological sense. i.e- multi link rear suspension on a fwd car
- the amount o energy needed for a 12 ft tall robot is estimated at 50kW. for a gas powered engine to generate 50kW (accounting for 10% loss at flywheel and 15% loss at tranny) it would need to be able to produce 162 hp. the mini cooper s has 163
- in 2002, scientists in florida built a robot that could sense danger before it happened
- multiple robots used by timber companies, and a robotic dinosaur have all been powered by internal combustion motors

so you might think its retarded, by im a nut for a good conspiracy, and this one is very believeable

along with the lil book in rollingstone, theres also like 8 pages of photos of the tracks that were found, the dents that were put into the cars that were explained by other engineers as being very similar to a dent caused by a finger and thumb, an actual pic of the robot in the corner of a vehicles windshield, and other stuff.

photo_2.jpg

Yeah someone posted this last week i think, it had a link to a site with videos and everything.

And yeah its a hoax.

it's all good though...you get an "A" for effort.

btw, if this was part 2, what was part 1?

Please refer to our FAQ. There is no need to post your topic more than once.

This topic has been closed by a moderator. Please continue your question in the other thread that you started.

Thanks, Moderating Team

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back