prop valve- 99-00 Si vs teg 4040?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

so what exactly is different about the 99-00 Si prop valve vs the standard teg 4040? I've got an 00 Si and the brakes have always sucked ass ever since I got the car. This is even after brembo blanks & hawk pads all around, new 15/16" mc, stainless braided lines, synthetic fluid & repeated pressure flushing/bleeding

wondering if swapping to the teg 4040 would make any difference

No swapping the proportioning valve wont do anything. Upgrading to a teg master cylinder might; though I'm not sure if it is any bigger than an si MC. When's the last time you have bled the brakes? Air in the system will kill braking.

have pressure bled the system repeatedly, it doesnt make any difference. The last countless times I've done it I didnt get any air out of the system at all, just made a mess and potentially contaminated a whole bunch of expensive ass
synthetic fluid.

i know quite a few other peeps with 99-00 Si's that say their brakes suck also

do you know for a fact that swapping prop valves won't do anything? have you personally tried it?

if they are the same I would think Honda would have just used the teg prop valve in the Si instead of designing and building a whole new part

I just picked up a 96 gsr, it has the 1" mc so I'm planning on swapping it to see if makes much of a difference and/or solves the problem

other than that, there's really not much else it could be other than the prop valve and/or calipers, everything else has been replaced

All the proportioning valve does is regulate the pressure to the front and rear. Changing from a civic one to a teg one with the same ratio will do nothing for braking. The 1" MC will help out.

Back